1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Duke Nukem Forever

Discussion in 'Games' started by pratmodi, Jun 9, 2012.

1. pratmodi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Error -

.exe caused an microsoft c++ exception in module KERNELBAse.dll at 001b:75f79673,RaiseException()+0084 byte(s)

i have problems starting up duke nukem forever . as soon as i click .exe , there comes black screen and after some time it comesw up with a cras window
    with error like - "DukeNukemForever.exe caused an microsoft c++ exception in module KERNELBAse.dll at 001b:75f79673,RaiseException()+0084 byte(s)".

i tried every thing that has been given on web like running with low specs , lowering antialiasing , lowering resolution , updating redist 2008, applying patch
    BUT nothing above works.

SYSTEM :-
    phenom ii x4 960T
    nvidia 2 x gtx 550ti x2 in SLI
    ram 8 gb
    nvidia latest up to date graphics drivers

PLEASE help

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The required Microsoft Visual C++ isn't installed most likely. The game should install it when you install the game. You could try using Windows Update to see if it fixes the problem.

3. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    There should be an "install/" folder or something alike in the games directory. Browse the folders because most of the time the Visual C++ installer is included. Just reinstall it
    I

4. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    +1 or reinstall.