• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

dumb atitool 0.25 b15 question

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
ive got an x1800xt over clocked using the aforementioned atitool version. i set the speeds and play a game. when the game exits i see the speed jumps back to default clocks. ive read in a few other threads that it happens. not sure because i havnt disable hotkeypoller or that other service. should i do this with b15 and the x1800xt ? will the clock speeds stay how i set them?

V

vrm4

I believe that atitool is acting correctly and the clocks changing shouldn't be of concern if you set it up using 2 different profiles 2d (default, windows use) and 3d (games). Once you exit a game the program resets the clocks to default settings. you can test this using
3d mark. run the test and it will tell you your clock speeds with your results, so you know that atitool is bumping up your clock when in 3d mode.

ATIonion

if you are using the ati drivers and not a second name driver like omega drivers then what will happen is the overclock tool that comes from ati will have issues working with another overclocker like atitool or atitooltray....when you enter or leave a game the clocks are changed back to stock....

if this is the case for you then ditch the ati drivers and goto omegadrivers and use what they give you...the atitooltray is a real nice feature and does a lot more then anything ati gives out....or ditch atitool or atitooltray and just use what ati gives you to overclock with...:rockout: