1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DVD Decoder Problem Need Help...

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Castiel, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Ok for some time now I have not been able to watch DVD's on my computer, and really I didn't care because I can watch them on my TV but until I just bought my new LCD monitor I want to see how the video is, well when I put a dvd in it says that I don't have a DVD decoder or something. Here are some pics of what it says, in Nero Player and in Windows Media Player 11, and I now I have MP 11, and I dont know how I got it. But I was wandering if yall could help me on to fix this, maybe tell me if I have to download something or what.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I would download CCCP codec program. It will allow you to watch basically any file that needs codec... I've used it forever in a day and haven't had a problem yet

Castiel says thanks.
  3. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Thanks man it WORKS!

But there is another problem that I was wandering if yall could help, the video is all dark, and its only when I watch dvd's. Do yall might have an Idea how to make it look better? I know this might seem dumb to ask, but its a color change that I have not seen before, it has been like this in all monitors and TVs I have had my computer hooked up to. And it is that dark in all media players.

4. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Can you give me a screenshot that way I can see whats going on with it running a movie? It could be the CRT is messing on you... just work on settings of the monitor is all i can really suggest