1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dying X850 Pro?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by jameskelsey, Feb 6, 2007.

1. jameskelsey

jameskelsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    My X850 Pro is showing artifacts and I have been getting system reboots does this look like a dying card or could it be a driver problem?

Attached Files:

2. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    :twitch: looks like the mem is giving up ..is it OCed? if so try setting it back to stock ...or it could be a heat issue but not likely.. you could try getting some more ari flow across the mem chips [any ram sinks?] Drivers??? unlikle but you could try fresh install prob won't help .. but hey :wtf:

3. jameskelsey

jameskelsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had it set to clock at 560/560 in 3D and 500/500 in 2D.When I got it 6 months ago I tested it with the ATI tool and the core would go to around 605 before it had artifacts and the memory would go to 610 before it got them.It's has a Arctic Cooling ATI Silencer 5 rev.2 and only go's to between 50c to 55c under load.I'm running Omega 3.8.252 drivers and the OS was freshly installed within the last 3 months.I blow out the dust regularly so the case is clean and I have 3 120mm case fans.Things have been running fine until the last week or so then I started to get reboots and last night the artifacts showed up.

4. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Auto updates from OS may have changed mobo drives, if so roll them back to previous.

5. jameskelsey

jameskelsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have automatic updates turned off so that wont happen.I uninstalled drivers and ran Driver Cleaner Pro and still have artifacts with the default windows driver.When I went into safe mode to run the cleaner it had ( Press esc to cancel loading SPTD.sys ) highlighted at the bottom of the screen when it loaded the drivers.Never noticed that before.

6. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    looks like the card is toasted :cry: :ohwell::cry:

7. jameskelsey

jameskelsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    I got this card from the ATI Clearence Store about 6 months ago and it had a 1 year warranty so I guess I'll put the stock cooler back on and RMA it.Never RMA'ed with ATI before do you know how they are?