1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

E3 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by shk021051, Jun 6, 2011.

1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Nah, that's all fine and good I'm just not very keen to the controller. To me it seems like it's a Wii that can do HD and they added an over complicated/expensive controller to it.
    Captain.Abrecan and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
  2. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    You don't like it, I think we got the idea.

Fact is pretty much the rest of the world like it, or a grand part of it. Like I said I don't like it enough to pay for that thing, but it's pretty fun for when you go to someone's and to have half an hour of fun. After that is time to put the thing aside and have fun with your friends, you know, in the real life, doing real things. And that's what a console is for IMO.

EDIT: The only games I play on consoles are the likes of Guitar Hero, Wii sports and the like and they are fun for as long as I play them, which like I said, it's not for long. Maybe I belong to another generation even though I'm still 27, but I enjoy my time doing other things than playing consoles when with my friends.

For playing alone or multiplayer, nothing beats a PC and never will.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
    cheesy999 says thanks.
  3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    1. Thats a given, nothing really exciting all new consoles have new specs.
    2. We seen, but a console with a controller the size of a tablet with an extra monitor really doesn't excite me at all.
    3. Thats nice, but they should have just stuck with that, they pushed to move away from conventional controllers with the Wii, now they are going bigger than any controller on the market.
    4. PS3 Remote play on new hardware. (not really innovation, would seem Nintendo took a page from the Sony book here)

Talk of innovation is big, but I don't really see it.
  4. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    God finally nintendo has 3rd party devs. I still do not like the controller. It looks huge and unconfortable.

Wii-U Specs: http://pubvo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/prcspec13iu.jpg

The video they showed with the bird, doesnt really show what the console can do gamewise. Any modern tech could make a video like that(even older tech). They should have showed us a gameplay video of a new game. The only thing that looks good in the specs are the blu-ray, the 1GB of video ram, and the ~4870 GPU.
  5. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    i'm now happy thanks to me seeing bumblebees post

anyone know if this things got blu-ray?

Tekken, my Favorite game has come to wii..., along with batman (just to let you know i'm a big fan of arcade style games, storylines can find a home with movies, i just want to have fun)

if it has tekken, batman, battlefield its now a must buy as everything exceedingly bad value in the pc market at the moment and whatever price the wii is it'll be less then a new pc

@bumblebee, is that dirt 3 you mean or will it be a new one
  6. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    why would you get battlefield 3 on a console??
  7. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    well its not as if its gonna look that much better on my gts 250 and technology doesn't seem to have moved forward at all in the mid range segment - Mid range has just been moving up in price, not performance - my GTS 250 was £80 brand new with a 5 year warranty, find me a card now that's £80 new and will outperform mine by more then about 25% (its been 2-3 years i expect improvement)
  8. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    uhhh. idk, but its not coming out for a while. you have time to upgrade. did you not see the guy demo;ing BF3 on the EA conference using a PC?
  9. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Nintendo has released some specifications.

if I had to guess they will continue to support Netflix. I don't think Nintendo will support Blu-ray because they would have to pay Sony a licensing fee.
    cheesy999 says thanks.
  10. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    and what do i get from upgrading? since tech isn't improving very fast at all for GPU's only thing to do is move up a price bracket every generation, and that will get very expensive very quickly?

still not looking forward to the price of splitscreen on a wii u...

innovation on consoles is kind of usefull since there been none on pc in the last few years
  11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    lol wut?

There has been TONS of innovation. Just nothing utilized in games due to the shit ports.
  12. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    get a high range card. GTX460 or something
  13. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Like what, DX11?, couple of new types of AA..

Can't really think of anything else, top end has moved higher for graphics cards but price has gone up at the same time so the end user isn't really getting more then they were getting a few years ago, look at the number of TPU users using 1 or 2 gen old cards still
  14. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    the specs that nvidiaintelftw posted are pre-E3 rumors. the rumor was the 250GB model will retail for $299 and 320GB model $349 however the Nintendo specifications say there is no internal hard drive, Gamecube support or Blu-ray.
    cheesy999 says thanks.
  15. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    why are you on a PC tech forum when you are so gung ho about consoles?
  16. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    don't get me wrong, i like pc's, just not the lack of innovation that's happening,bulldozers delayed, Nvidia and ATI have been on the same fabrication process for ages now, SSD's are still too expensive for most people to justify the cost

i like tech, i just don't have a money tree i can harvest every-time theres another price rise, still using my old ipod as the 2 that replaced it have only lost features, the S button on my keyboard is starting to irritate me as its not working properly, every game i've looked forward too this year has been a disappointment or delay, just found out wii u won't do blu-rays
  17. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I think he more ment, who the hell wants to play an fps with a controller
  18. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    I dont understand why you are so personally offended by Nintendo's Console. If you dont like it dont buy it. But you cant say it isnt revolutionary. It hasnt been done before, implementing portable and console together like that. Certainly not on this scale, at least.
  19. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    you have to look deeper into PC tech and all that to realize the innovation. PC innovation wont do much on the outside. but the inside itll change a ton

If it werent for the innovation of computer tech, then there would be no innovation in consoles
    TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  20. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    in that case point taken

its not the console i have a problem with, its that nintendo have let me down consistently over the past 5 years and i just don't have any confidence in them to deliver, i may be compleatly wrong about this, i may use one and think 'i actually enjoy this' but theres no rule that says you have to be optimistic about every tech development a company will most likely overcharge for

at the moment i find myself wanting a console that's great fun, very cheap, and very reliable, that's a gap that was filled by a psp and everything since has been a bit of a disappointment, the new playstation vita looked really good until i read the price, for once can't they make a poor peoples version that only has a 4inch tft instead of a 5" oled

i want to go back to the days of cheap reliable tech that 'just worked', if my game boy could do it, why can't these modern ones do it?
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  21. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    another console means another platform. Wii u, XBOX 360, PS3, PC. PC is already the weakest link because of it's low sales, portability and problem with piracy. I wonder if publishers are even going to bother spending the time, money and resources continuing to port titles to PC anymore. titles like Battlefield 3, Witcher 2, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2 probably would of never made it to PC if it wasn't for consoles.
    cheesy999 says thanks.
  22. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Um if you have to ask that then you need to read more news posted by bta. Its sad thats all you think has been done. There is far more to PC's then games.

Is that why they are making BF3 for the PC and then porting it down to console?.....just sayin.
  23. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    this is a console thread, we only need to discuss games

bf3 is being made on pc and ported to consoles as thats the highest point, easy to make and game and just turn the settings down, battlefield has a high pc following compared to most games so there'll get more sales that way

look it it this way, pc users say how great cryis is, all console user buy crysis 2 when its available, our constant talking means we work well as marketers, if we say it looks amazing xbox user will buy it as well.
  24. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Battlefield 3 could be PC exclusive but with a quarter of the budget. big budget PC exclusives are dead. consoles carry PC Gaming on it's back. PC Gaming is already poor with only the XBOX 360 and PS3 to compete with now the Wii u is entering the market.
  25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Ray tracing, translacing, physics, DX9,10,11 for gaming on the PC are just a few things that can be done.

Without PC gaming consoles wouldn't have anything to rip off.....with the exception of Nintendo. Them (Nintendo) and PC's are true innovators. The rest are just copy cats. So in the long run who is carring who?