1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

E3 2013 Discussion

Discussion in 'Games' started by KainXS, Jun 10, 2013.

1. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    That's it, Sony has officially won, PS4 at $399 and no online requirements for single player or dirty DRM on used games.

Well played Sony... well played indeed :rockout:

And before anyone mentions the word fanboy, I own and play on all 3 major consoles and PC, I'm a gamer, and M$ royally screwed all of us gamers :shadedshu

What are you talking about? all those Amazon links show PS4 games at $59.99? Yes Amazon shows list price at $99 before savings but they also showed list prices on the GTX Titan at $1500 to make you think you saved 50% at $999 :confused::wtf:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    I see," Price: $99.96" on my end it's just thief though

15th Warlock says thanks.
  3. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    The problem with the whole "Microsoft DRM v Sony Non-DRM" thing is the fact that publishers will choose the Xbox over PS4 because of the DRM. Of course, that also depends on sales numbers for the consoles themselves. Personally, I'm an Xbox guy, but the PS4 will likely win my $$$ if I decide to buy a console. Always on interwebs and always on Kinect bug the hell out of me. Used games don't really effect me either, I generally keep my games when I buy them and I usually buy them new if I want to play them (exclusives).

All else is on the PC, and I usually wait for a Steam sale at that.

4. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    Actually you're right, shows that price PS4 and $99.99 for Xbox one, most likely an error... :slap:

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Gamestop for one is showing $59.99 so just Amazon being Amazon I assume.

6. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I do say this event is indeed scandalous, it reminds me of my days in the Boer war chuckles softly to himself. Those were indeed the days, when men were strong, and could woo a woman with nothing more than a flex of his arms. Now, what is this madness with the moving pictures? Are you black magicians? I should report you all to the higher courts of god!

7. Xzibit

Xzibit

Thanks Received:
    I'm buying a PS4 just for Destiny (and secretly Gran Turismo 6+/7) if anything else.

That game is dam sexy.

[yt]YX-crHh1OOM[/yt]

8. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Im waiting for the ArmA 3 Beta conference at E3. Been playing the Alpha and it is pretty awesome. The new main map is 270 km2 whereas the alpha map Stratis is only 20 km2.
    BF4 looks interesting but kinda like a reskinned BF3 with some additional destruction they pulled from BFBC2. The commander mode is interesting as well. My one gripe with the MP trailer was that when they got to the tower, it seemed so scripted. Oh, lets get into the elevator, and when we get to the top, a helo naturally slowly rises to the top and misses with damn near all the ammo, then they turn the corner and a squad is suddenly there. just seemed scripted even though it is MP. The ArmA 3 dev build recently released a sniper pack with the Intervention and the G6 Lynx sniper rifles. They have a zeroing reach to 2300m but have mildots beyond that. The sounds are orgasmic so I cant wait to see the Beta at E3.

9. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    How did I know you were going to post something about ArmA 3??? :nutkick:

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Yeah Destiny looks pretty sweet, and it sounds like there's a good chance of it coming to PC, after they clean up on console sales of course. Sony really kicked Microsoft's butt at the first day of E3. HUGE applause for no used game or connection restrictions, and $100 less for the sys. Just no comparison. About the only thing I'm not impressed about with PS4 is their indie game selection and the shape of the controller, but I'm no good with gamepads anyway so I guess that's kinda moot.

11. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  12. Black.Raven

Black.Raven

Thanks Received:
    tom clancy's the division looks really cool. pity it only comes out for consoles.

Crunching for Team TPU
  13. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I really liked the Destiny gameplay also, really reminds me of some kind of borderlands halo mix

14. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Because ArmA 3 is a major PC game. You can not deny it. If PC Gamer editors/writers talk about looking forward to it on their vodcasts/show as well as have extensive coverage of the game and have very little negative to say about it, it is not a side show. It may not get the media attention of BF4, but then again, they dont need/want CODists fuckin up their game. Right now, the stuff you can do in the Alpha is amazing. And the fact you can get the Whole thing for ~32$ that is Alpha/Beta/Full game is a steal. The Beta is showing at E3 this year and soon after will release to the public. On my ArmA II/III HQ thread you will see a link to the BIS pre-E3 twitch feed where they show the new Map (Altis) and the different features you will see but also leave a lot out. There is also an image showing the size difference between the Cherno map and the Altis Map. So, to sum this all up, YES I will talk about a game I respect for supporting its community and being open about the dev process. Yes I will talk about a game that reaches for the limit of what a PC can do. And Yes, I will talk about looking forward to it. While BF4 is interesting, it still looks kinda like a reskinned BF3 with a few goodies mixed in from BFBC2 and BF2. Goodies they could have added a long time ago (after BFBC2). And dont say that the consoles could not handle it so they did not add it. Need I remind you that BFBC1/2 were CONSOLE ports? If consoles could not handle the level of destruction etc, how come they could handle BFBC1/2 level of destruction? The only thing really limiting them was DX9 and player cap. Which their hardware could not handle.

15. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    OH MY GOD! I want to build an arcade cabinet for this game! :toast: I'm ready for E3 to kick the tires and light the fires! Show me more!..hehehe I'm drinking a Monster energy drink, can you tell?..hehehe

Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I agree, I like Killer Instinct and similar arcade style games. I have not tried making an arcade setup. I might want to try that. ^_^ At least one of my friends is hardcore fighting games. He competes state level so, I would love to see how he handles the game with PC level graphics assuming it comes to PC.:rockout:

17. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    Yea man, I can remember going to the arcade to play the original one! Ca Ca Ca COMBOOO! lol

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    Official Mad Max Game!

AsRock says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I understand that some people do not like Arma series and it is well voice in the TS server BUT it is a fun game when it works good. As long as bohemia gets it right with the system resources on PC then it will be a modders dream. Arma 2 was modded out the ass which made it were it could be spiced up from time to time but it plagued from poor net code to the max! Its a different type of shooter which involves military style tactics and yes NO JUMP FEATURE.

I take what people say about arma with a grain of salt cause I myself get some enjoyment out of the game.

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    It's being developed by Avalanche...it's gonna be awesome.

21. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    Live coverage here! Under 5 hours to go before it starts!

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Xzibit

Xzibit

Thanks Received:
    Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video
    Step-by-step how to lend games to your friends.

Sony seams to have a sense of humor to go along with the comon sense.

Thought it was funny..

23. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, meaning your friend will only be able to play the SP portion of the game.

24. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    Titanfall is not One exclusive apparently (didn't see that), also on PC (and 360). Looking forward to playing it. :D

25. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    still not quite sure I'm convinced with Sony game selection. while Xbox 1 is solid.

Crunching for Team TPU