1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EA Posts Crysis 3 Gameplay Trailer, Box Art

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Apr 24, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Following a juicy debut teaser, EA posted an even more engaging gameplay trailer. The trailer reveals the premise of the single-player campaign, where New York is overrun by the Ceph and vegetation, and is cordoned off from the rest of the world by a giant dome. Prophet lunges on a mission to take back the city. Towards the end of the 2 minute video, the box-art is revealed, with a bitter fact that you'll have to wait another year before being able to play it.

[​IMG]

The trailer video follows.

Animalpak and 95Viper say thanks.
  2. tilldeath New Member

Thanks Received:
    the new system destroyer!

3. raptori

raptori

Thanks Received:
    the music at the end is nice

4. meirb111 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont thing that box art is something to write about whats next? article about crysis 3 icons?

5. Recus

Recus

Thanks Received:
    It looks good... As console port. :roll:

6. Dos101

Dos101

Thanks Received:
    If I decide to play this it looks like I'll have the same reaction that I had playing Crysis 2: cringing while playing through the first 2 hours of the game, then eventually uninstalling it out of frustration of the direction they took with the gameplay and story.

7. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I just played crysis 2 for the graphics really. Watched a friend play MP online and there are too many bitches cloaking and camping in corners waiting to shoot you in the back as you run past...Sorry - im not gonna play this game. similar reason why i dont really play BF3 more for that matter, Destruction 2.0 just makes every demolished building a camping ground

8. Isenstaedt

Isenstaedt New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I didn't play Crysis 2 but my brother did and he said it was nothing like the first Crysis; that it was repetitive (thus boring) and lacking a good story.

9. Dos101

Dos101

Thanks Received:
    Yikes, makes me happy I didn't even bother trying the MP. In all honesty even the graphics didn't do it for me, I was too turned off by the story and the linear level design.

Pretty much sums it up. There was little to no imagination put into the game, especially compared to the first one.

10. dlpatague

dlpatague

Thanks Received:
    LOL I just realized I never finished playing Crysis 2 either. I think I got close to the end but I got into other games instead (never finished DNF either). I have never once touched the multiplayer. I already knew that was a bust since I tried the beta version of it a couple times.

Sadly I'll more then likely pick up Crysis 3 just because.....prolly wait till there is a sweet discount on it though.

11. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    This plot is f&@:)/$; stupid. Shame the crysis franchise had to die. What were the debs thinking?

12. Rowsol

Rowsol

Thanks Received:
    God! Just play an uncut solid minute of gameplay!

13. D4S4

D4S4

Thanks Received:
    meh.

14. redeye

redeye

Thanks Received:
    alien vs predator : the movie sequel set in new york using the cryengine 3...

of course since it is on the consoles it's going cause you to :cry:engine 3 over the "could of, should of, would of" possibilities for the PC:shadedshu

15. St.Alia-Of-The-Knife New Member

Thanks Received:
    Call of Battlefield : Aliens

16. OneCool

OneCool

Thanks Received:
    It could be worse I guess....It could be FarCry 2!!! :rolleyes: :roll::roll::roll: :slap:

17. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    This game is all about looks, i like all chapters from 1 to crysis 2.

18. DaC

DaC

Thanks Received:
    It seems to me this one will be much fun.... I really love crysis... both the 1st one with it 2 versions, and less the second one although it's still nice with improved AI compared to the first Crysis.

Reading the Crysis site, if I do understand right Crysis 3 will back to the sandbox style which is a great thing! Being confined to small scenarios was just a shame based on the big big sandbox from the first one.....
    Also it seems that we'll be able to carry and use alien weapons.... and it would be really cool if they allowed the player to hold 3 weapons type at a time....

I also think EA won't do the same mistake again and launch the PC version without DX11... I think it might have held back a lot of costumers like me, to buy Crysis 2.... I at least love to play games not only because of the game play but graphics is something that pushes me into it.... Minecraft ? Meh... Will never touch this thing.... BF3 ? I'm in!

19. eddman New Member

Thanks Received:
    Crysis died with 2, when they decided to dumb down the engine for the sake of consoles.

How about some english. :troll

20. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    heh... Puts a whole new meaning to "Urban Jungle" lol.

Lets hope the DX11 part for PC will be properly optimized this time.

More than 25k PPD
  21. cavemanthreeonesix

Thanks Received:
    thought crysis 2 had one of the more stronger single player campaigns for a fps game last year, which isnt really saying much i know. Multi was awful

Horrible feeling they're rushing this one to market like EA do with everything so it will end up just a horrible shambles of console pretty graphics with no substance

Metro last light should hopefull be the new pc breaker

22. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    As long as EA doesn't screw up CnC Generals II

More than 25k PPD
  23. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    EA/:cry:tek should be giving this game out for free to ppl that bought Crysis 2 on PC.
    Out of all the things that ive felt where a rip off Crysis 2 stands out as the one that pissed me off most $60 bucks for half ass game regardless of all the DX11 rage.

Anyone saying that it had a good SP is full of BS, the MP was unplayable due to all the hackers which killed the MP community from launch.
    "No Punkbuster on PC oh yea that will be fine its not like ppl cheat on PC" ~ Crytek Dev.

Picture related its that awesome SP everyone talks about, First playthough BTW.:shadedshu
    [​IMG]

24. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    this series died for me as soon as I started fighting aliens in the first one...

25. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    why does he have a bow and arrow? the guy has a freaking nano suit that makes him a god among men yet he chooses to use a bow and arrow???? fail!

Solaris17 says thanks.