1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EA trying to acquire Take-Two @ $26 per share! NOOOOOOOOOOooooo!

Discussion in 'Games' started by EastCoasthandle, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Everyone would believe that, mainly because EA has an appearance of a growing monopoly. Monopolys scare people, and aren't good by anyone's standards.

2. ChillyMyst

ChillyMyst New Member

Thanks Received:
    EA sucks, they ruined UO(UltimaOnline) killed the sequil as well as some other kickass games that where in dev by OSI and lord british, Them and Vivindi need to DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!

3. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    EA didn't ruin UO, time ruined UO. The game is aging and has shown it for a long time. It looked like an old Diablo 1 game. If anything, EA has helped keep UO where it is now. UO still has a healthy user base and the graphics engine was just updated due to EA.

DAoC has lost many supporters due to time. That's just the nature of MMOs. When Mythic (the maker of DAoC) and EA combined Mythic had tons of resources to make a new MMO. What MMO am I speaking of? Warhammer Online. That game was going nowhere before because the previous developer couldn't afford licenseing, marketing, developing, ect...When Mythic and EA bought the license for the game, it has become one of the most anticipated MMORPGs of the year. EA saved the title, which had TONS of fan backing.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  4. tiys

tiys New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dudes, having EA take over Take 2 would be good for business. Especially with GTAIV coming out! Ya'know how much revenue they'll get?! :eek:

I'm supporting EA on this, because well, EA is one of my favorite game companies! :)

5. tiys

tiys New Member

Thanks Received:
    Like all of the Anti-Microsoft people... LOL :laugh:

6. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Well kinda different lol, MS had more than an appearance in the 90s. :laugh: Anyway, back on topic.

7. Skrabrug

Skrabrug New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ppl tend to confuse growing monopoly's and productive development.

EA has a well known record for producing some good quality games (such as C&C Generals) and some not so good quality games. I Guess ppl are just worried EA might just want to run everything different than what take two normally does, although the last two take 2 games i bought turned out to Error magnets (GTA3 and Manhunt) Hopefully EA will at least change the quality control/tech support/howaboutagamepatchfix issues Take Two seems to have.

But none the less the thing i find fishy is how EA is offering this just before the new GTA release (rather than a few months ago or even a few months after the release).

ChillyMyst says thanks.
  8. tiys

tiys New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just thought I'd add some humor, as this is a little "hot"

9. ChillyMyst

ChillyMyst New Member

Thanks Received:
    no EA killed it google UO2/ultima online2, they where in heavy dev, EA killed the project along with a few others OSI was working on, UO2 was to be the successor to normal UO they also had been working on a truely 3d version of the OLD uo, but again the project was cancled by EA who didnt feel it was worth spending any $ updating a game that was still making them $.

there are still hundreds of thousands of payed subscribers to UO, this isnt because its some gfx intence game, its because the game itself is VERY complex, no other mmo has even come close to matching it.

name another mmo where you can be a crafter/miner and never go out and kill monsters or have to fight other people?

or where u work ur skills up by USING THEM insted of skill points and buying skills!!!

blah, what i said is true check wikipedia and read about the guy who created UO, the man later dubed lord british, you will understand why people HATE EA.

they buy companys rush out 1/2 ass games based on the IP they bet from buying them, then update the games in very minor ways like updated team rosters in sports games, slap a new version name on it and sell it for full price........

again read the EA artical on wikipedia , it explains alot for those who dont really know about how ea acts.

think of EA as the ms of the gaming world.

10. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Probably due to the fact that Take Two is on there hands and knees trying to get this expensive product out. A lot of the community is actually complaining about the graphics being dull, however, the gameplay will be good no doubt about that.

11. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    DAoC

12. Skrabrug

Skrabrug New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol yeah I guess although I'm a little sore about it being console only.. guessing if EA took over Take Two it might appear on PC a couple of months down the track.

13. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty disappointed too, because the PC helped make the franchise what it is today.

14. ChillyMyst

ChillyMyst New Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry forgot to add

build a house/castle/keep/tower to live in and store their possetions.

15. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    DAoC :laugh:

16. Skrabrug

Skrabrug New Member

Thanks Received:
    ROSE online job Class Dealer (FREE MMORPG)

RF online (and you can mine while your idle)

once again RF online.

17. Skrabrug

Skrabrug New Member

Thanks Received:
    It seemed like a bit of a kick in the crutch (for that reason) when i found out xD

18. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, but Sony also helped make the franchise.

19. Skrabrug

Skrabrug New Member

Thanks Received:
    True, But in this case of the new GTA game on PC I guess they didn't wanna waste any money on the PC release while they have two other platforms to worry about on top of keeping their head above water.

So yeah probably refusing EA games offer was a little drastic.

20. ChillyMyst

ChillyMyst New Member

Thanks Received:
    some info on why EA sucks ass

Sorce

oh and MOAR!!!!

uo2 killed because EA was ftarded

sorce

and moar

sorce

just a few examples, there are tons more, theres a reasion people say NOOOOOO!!!! when ea trys/buys another company, they suck, they just suck....

21. driver66

driver66 New Member

Thanks Received:
    EA ruins about every franchise they own or buy out for lack of support ...... except for madden lol

ChillyMyst says thanks.
  22. Skrabrug

Skrabrug New Member

Thanks Received:
    @ ChillyMyst: so your soul reason to hate an entire game company is because of a game made over a decade ago actually dieing?

Dude... if thats the case should I hate Activision for allowing the Heavy Gear series to die out?

23. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    The truth of the matter is simple, EA doesn't have a good reputation of allowing devys to produce quality games. The latest to the list was BF2 which had a huge following. People are already down playing Battlefield Heroes. Which IMO may of had something to do with the out cry of adding ads in BF2142 and rumored BF2 in an update. Back then many stated that they were only playing BF2142 with ads if it was free (which is were I believe Battlefield Heroes may have come from). In any case BF2142 didn't sell well. Also, patch 1.41 was released on 09/05/2006. Dice was aquired by EA on October 2, 2006. There hasn't been a new patch since Dice was acquired by EA.

So this as well as other titles leave a bad taste in many people's mouths and with just cause. People like Ravenas want you to turn a blind eye to past events posting information for the most part isn't true (like take 2 going bankrupt or GTA IV won't sell well without EA). When in fact the opposite can/probably will happen.

There is no information that suggests that Take 2 is dying off and going bankrupt.
    Take 2 can do well on it's own distributing GTA IV without EA. For instance Steam...
    GTA IV does not stand to make more money from EA. It's the popularity of the game that will sell it, not EA. Your last statement made no sense.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
    ChillyMyst says thanks.
  24. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Command & Conquer 3, Crysis, Def Jam: Icon, The Godfather Wii, Medal of Honor: Airborne, NFS: Pro Street, Rock Band, The Simpsons Game, skate, The Orange Box.

I think the number of gamers who enjoyed these games in 2007 vastly outnumber those who didn't.

25. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    You obviously missed the entire reason as to way EA proposed this offer that was declined! Take 2 is in financial trouble bro. Why? Simply because of the MLB license they bought! They have no way to escape that. They put too much money into something they couldn't afford! This is the exact same reason they lost the NCAA titles and the College Hoops title.

Obviously they would rather sell off rather then go completely bankrupt. The possibility is still there, no matter how much you wish to disbelieve it.

EA would absorb all of 2Ks licenses in the sports division, which means they could continue to develop sports across the board. EA would benefit from this money coming from every line of sport as well.