1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ECS Announces Wi-Bridge Wireless Display Adapter

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Dec 23, 2011.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS), the world’s leading motherboard, graphics card, barebone system, notebook and mobile device manufacturer has launched its first wireless display solution for HDMI display devices—ECS Wi-Bridge designed to delight your entertainment experience with wide and big screens.

ECS Wi-Bridge not only is small in size, but also smart in function. ECS Wi-Bridge is a lightweight, wireless display adapter which is portable and compact to save more space in your living room or on your office desk. ECS Wi-Bridge successfully breaks wired limitations and bridges your PC or NB to a big screen display supporting 1080P HD high quality resolution output via HDMI. ECS Wi-Bridge supports varying display modes meeting users different browsing performance needs. In addition to easy life, ECS Wi-Bridge is ideal for office use. Save time unplugging and easily switch between various presenters. You will find conferences smoother and more enjoyable.

[​IMG]

Compliant With Different Systems
    ECS Wi-Bridge supports every kind of common video/audio/photo formats. Transmitting via Wi-Fi connection, ECS Wi-Bridge can cover a range of up to 30 meters; and the utility can be compliant with iOS and Android systems. Moreover, easily control the content on your devices wirelessly with a remote control bundled in the package. ECS Wi-Bridge provides the best wireless solution to break the boundary between your PC and the couch.
  2. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    I think all the media buffs on here (including me) would love to have something like this. However, I am worried about them making a low priced item that can maintain 1080p quality over wifi.
  3. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Thanks Received:
    If this is based on the Broadcom chip they demoed at Computex then this won't have any problems streaming high quality video, even in a fairly "noisy" wireless environment. Shame it doesn't mention what hardware is inside the box, as that'll make a big difference.
  4. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    Wireless HDMI over 5.4GHz :ohwell:

I think there are other Wireless HDMI solutions that run @ 50GHz
  5. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Now the next thing is to make a unit which can broadcast various multimedia at the same time to to different displays.

Noe that would be nice.

One unit to cater for the whole house without needing a physical connection.
  6. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Thanks Received:
    No-one here seen Intel's WiDi? It's over Wi-Fi and works just fine
  7. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    and? the 5.4 will have longer range.

i cant wait for this kind of tech to get cheaper.