1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ECS (Elitegroup) NFORCE4-A939 (V1.0) and SATAII

Discussion in 'Storage' started by b-man, Oct 13, 2008.

1. b-man

b-man

Thanks Received:
    - Does anyone know if this motherboard supports SATAII? I have Windows XP and when I tried to change the mod to SATAII it always reverted back to SATAI after the restart. I also checked the jumpers and there're no jumpers at all on my both hard drives so it should be automatically set to SATAII. Also I was looking into BIOS and there's no particular option to enable SATAII. Finally I'm suspicious about having SATAII at all...

- This is relatively old motherboard so is it recommended to use newest nForce chipset drivers (15.23) or old ones that came with motherboard and that are available as latest ones on manufacturer's website (6.69)?
  2. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    I don't think it has NForce4 Ultra chip on it, so its SATA I. Its the regular NForce4 chipset. Only the Ultra and SLI have SATAII. You can do the pencil trick to make it Ultra chip if you know what to do;)
  3. b-man

b-man

Thanks Received:
    Yes, you had right, it's regular nForce4 chipset like you said. Ok I suppose you've mentioned this trick with conductive pen to connect those pins... from this post: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3876

What about second question regarding chipset drivers?

Thanks for your answer.
  4. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    Latest Drivers from NVidia's website is fine.