1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ECS PF5 Extreme

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by W1zzard, Sep 23, 2005.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  2. Bull Dog

Thanks Received:
    About that missing mobo hole. My old MSI K8T Neo2 only had 9 holes (instead of 10 like the DFI). So yes ECS isn't alone.

Edit: Yes there is a powercolor PCI-Express X1 Theater 550 card. Although newegg doesn't seem to have it listed anymore. huh?
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  3. xeroid11 New Member

Thanks Received:
    About the dead bios. I ran into the same problem with my ECS mobo using the DOS flash utility: cmos checksum failure, hit F1, reset NVM, reboot, cmos checksum failure, etc. I accidentally hit the "ESCape" key twice during one of twenty or so attempts at fixing the bios which "exits without saving" and watched windows boot. I then flashed with the Winflash utility and it took. I am happy as the ECS tech support just replied to my email two days after the crash.
  4. g12rxz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Very interesting review, I'll be recieiving the ATI Crossfire xPress 3200 version of this board for AM2. I'll keep my eye out for an updated bios to use on the board, and to be safe I'll just use the windows utility like you guys have pointed out.