1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

editing fanspeed

Discussion in 'GPU-Z' started by axed, May 21, 2013.

1. axed New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a 9500GT that I would like to edit the fan speed. I got a new heatsink/fan for the graphics card, but the new fan does not spin fast enough. I need to change the fanspeed to higher rpm. In windows, I used the nvidia control panel to set the fan speed, but I have a hackintosh and cannot use any Windows software programs, so I need to manually edit the fanspeed in the BIOS. I saved the bios file with gpu-z and tried to edit the fanspeed with nibitor, but all the fan settings are grayed out. I was wondering what I am doing wrong here?

Attached Files:

• 95gs.png
      95gs.png
      File size:
      190.9 KB
      Views:
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    How many pins come off of the GPU fan? If it's two, there is no fan control.

3. axed New Member

Thanks Received:
    There was two pins on the original fan and also the replacement fan, I am able to control the fanspeed through nvidia control panel, but this is not an option for me when I am using OS X. According to gpu-z, the default fanspeed runs at 30%. I would like to change the fan speed to a higher speed.

Last edited: May 21, 2013