1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EEEPC or fully fledged laptop...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tkpenalty, Jun 28, 2008.

1. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, at the moment I have an EEEPC701, but that's going to my mum pretty soon (she likes the size of the thing), so I'm getting another new laptop, however I'm sorta split between two solutions.

Either, the new EEEPC 901, with the Intel Atom, or for a heck of a lot more, or the Toshiba SATELLITE L300/L02.

Just consider this; their cost and how much performance I actually need. The 701 is fine at the moment, for me in terms of perf. The most intensive I'd do on the 901 is play CS1.6.

2. Error 404

Error 404

Thanks Received:
    Well, the EEE is quite portable, but there is also the MSI Wind, which is $499 (a damn sight cheaper than the EEE PC 901) and has the same specs (although a larger hard drive), and is slightly larger.

3. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    EEE PC versus Toshiba Satellite L300 (Or other notebooks)

Not

EEE PC Versus Other sub-notebooks

4. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Hey, lighten up. He was just trying to offer you an alternative you may not have known about.

If you are gonna consider the EEE PC, it's silly not to consider other notebooks in it's class.

Either way, at that pricepoint a regular lappy would be better, imo.