1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK WaterBlocks Ready With GeForce GTX 295 Offering

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Feb 1, 2009.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    EK WaterBlocks, a well-known name with computer enthusiasts is ready with its offering for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 dual-GPU graphics accelerator. As with any water-block made for the GeForce 9800 GX2 and GeForce GTX 295, this block consists of two cooling surfaces for each of the two PCBs.

EK WaterBlocks' latest unit (model: EK-FC295 GTX SLI) is a monolithic full-coverage block made of copper and acrylic glass. Each of the cooling surfaces has contact points for the various components of the accelerator. The block is available with a whole range of options with its fittings. It is SLI-capable, meaning that its fittings allow its fluid to be relayed to the next accelerator. The block weighs 1.35 kg (around 3 lbs). It will be available from EK WaterBlocks' store starting tomorrow, priced at 125€ (around US $172.60).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: EK WaterBlocks

2. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    heh, does it grant wishes?

jokes aside 3 pounds seems extremely heavy for any single component of a computer, except the case, and maybe power supply.

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The one wish it will gladly fulfill:

"I can haz a big e-peenus?"

It's lighter than the Danger Den block. Blocks for the 9800 GX2/GTX 295 tend to be heavy since they have two copper surfaces.

4. tcorbyn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice one btarunr! :toast:

5. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    To be honest if I had a GTX295 I would probably get one though, and not for e-penis. I hear temps on the 295 are horrible, 95c load... :shadedshu... But then I would need water cooling, but if I had a GTX295 I'd probably already have a WC setup. Ah, to dream... :roll:

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. spearman914

spearman914 New Member

Thanks Received:
    95C is nothing for a video card. :p Get about 130C, then we're talking lol...