1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EKWB Intros New GeForce GTX 680 Water Block

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Cristian_25H

Cristian_25H News Poster

Thanks Received:
    EK Water Blocks, Ljubljana based premium water cooling gear provider, is excited to present the EK-FC680 GTX SOC, a new Full Cover (FC) water block for Gigabyte's premium SuperOverclock (GV-N680SO-2GD) edition graphic card.

EK-FC680 GTX SOC is a high performance full-cover water block for engineered specifically for GIGABYTE design GeForce GTX 680 Super OverClock (SOC) series graphics cards. Please check our Cooling Configurator online compatibility system for detailed compatibility list. This water block directly cools the GPU, RAM as well as VRM (voltage regulation module) as water flows directly over these critical areas thus allowing the graphics card and it's VRM to remain stable under high overclocks. EK-FC680 GTX SOC water block also features a very high flow design therefore it can be easily used in liquid cooling systems using weaker water pumps.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Base is made of nickel plated electrolytic copper while the top is made of quality POM Acetal material. The sealing is performed by quality rubber washers. Screw-in brass standoffs are pre-installed and allow for safe, painless installation procedure. Block is mounted with enclosed M3x4 DIN7985 screws and plastic washers.

EK also encloses two-slot I/O bracket which replaces the original three-slot, in order to make installation of mutliple graphics cards easier.

Up to four EK-FC680 GTX SOC series water blocks can be interconnected with EK-FC Bridge & Link system. Additionally this water block lines up with EK-FC680 GTX(+) as well as EK-FC680 GTX FTW series water blocks thus even further expanding users choice of graphics cards. The correct connection link for this water block is already enclosed with the product.

Enclosed:
    - EK-FC680 GTX SOC series water block
    - EK-FC Link
    - 2-slot I/O bracket
    - mounting mechanism with screw-in brass standoffs
    - thermal pads

Made in Slovenia - Europe!

The EK-FC680 GTX SOC - Acetal+Nickel water blocks are readily available for purchase through EK Webshop and our Partner Reseller Network.
    Ikaruga, INSTG8R and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
  2. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Gosh I really wish they would drop that circles theme it really is ugly. The amount of time taken to machine those is just so wasteful...Only saving grace is it's face down in your case so you don't have to look at it....
    MT Alex says thanks.
  3. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    Agree, EKWB needs to listen to the community and stop this circlenanigans
  4. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have to agree. Besides the circles though it does look like a nice water block:)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Totally

Thanks Received:
    I don't mind them but do agree that they're a waste of machining/manufacturing time
  6. blibba

blibba

Thanks Received:
    Bit late to be putting out new 680 products isn't it?
  7. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Why's that? NV aren't going to be coming out with a new series until way into 2013
  8. blibba

blibba

Thanks Received:
    Sure, but most enthusiasts who were ever going to buy a 680 have already done so.
  9. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Well this one is for a specific 680 so of course when they do decide to do a non-reference block they kinda have to decide which "special" one it's going to be not just put into production a new block for the first "OC" card that's out of the gate. Considering the wacky cooler Gigabyte chose for their "Premier" 680 I'm would say it's an improvement...
  10. blibba

blibba

Thanks Received:
    The cooler might be pants but it's also very expensive. If you're planning to bin it, I'd have thought you'd be better off with some other card.
  11. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Good point. But they really went all out on the card hardware and component wise. I don't know that anyone has gone that far. It is a shame they went "Colorful" on the cooler. EK is at least offering a great alternative.
  12. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    What's wrong with the circles? i think they are okay.:p
  13. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Actually, I was a bit hesitant about the circle design myself. They actually look way better in person than they do in photography.
  14. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    It's just as an aesthetic they aren't that appealing. As a CNC Machinist I KNOW the amount of programming and machine time it takes to do something like that. Just seems like a waste for something that isn't even cool or stylish. I mean if your gonna mill something into the surface I dunno how about some cool flames? Would take the same amount of time.
    Dj-ElectriC and m1dg3t say thanks.
  15. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Lol

That is all :)