1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Games' started by 1Kurgan1, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    To quote Goldmember from Austin Powers' Goldmember: "Zhen zere is no pleaaaasing you"

I dont really get what you are trying to accomplish here:p apart from making clear you didnt really do a lot of research on this game.
  2. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    You can ignore me for the most part, I was just really excited to get Skyrim MMO, instead of WoW with a Skyrim skin. I am very disgruntled.

It is true that it could be vastly different from what I am thinking it will be, but from what I am seeing, I am not getting the action-oriented model.
  3. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I can also see that happening in some way, and I too would be severely dissapointed if that would happen.

I just try to reserve my crapping untill there is actually something to crap about:p

All to his own off course, but I kinda agree with whats been said before in this thread, there is way too much thread/news/w/e(its getting a general trend it seems) shitting going on these days, and its actually not helping anyone.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  4. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I don't believe that disagreeing with the topic at hand is thread crapping.
  5. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    Well, I tend to get a bit overzealous with my good guy routine i guess. I just dont like random unneeded negativity, but ofc you can say whatever you want.

Just ignore what i just said.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I never said that, you just enjoy crying and not listening. I just said WarZ is a fun game, and it brings a few new things to the table. You posted a video of the game on low settings and balled your eyes out, then posted up later that you were wrong and you were on absolute low settings. And now you try to put words in my mouth. :laugh:

Any post I have ever seen from you seems to lack constructiveness, either you are flaming, or you are posting something like this quote without actually talking about the topic of the thread. If you got an opinion on the game say it, don't just step in and put words in my mouth.

That all you got MM? Pretty weak, doesn't seem like you have much to contribute to the thread. Your information was so lacking I thought it was trolling, then you got upset about it, and now we sit at single sentence posts, that once again have no content on the game. :rolleyes:

He said he didn't want to thread crap till there is something to crap about, which means there really isn't enough info to say much on right now.

I know you say you want action oriented. And they said left click is attack and right click is block, thats about as action oriented as the ES games get. So I'm not sure what you are looking for.

I'd love to see more like you. But lately this place has gone to shit. Seems actually wanting to talk about a game with people who know the genre and are excited for something is just too much to ask for these days. Last thread I made all it did was get shit on as well, I personally knew a few people who wanted to talk in it, but so much flaming they never bothered to post, and I just stopped as well, can't discus a game with the people that like it I guess.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    Honestly I was sticking up for you. Do you REALLY belive The War Z isnt a DayZ rip off?
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  8. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    After all your complaining about it not being First Person, nobody called you out on the fact that the game you wanted, Fallout Online, presumably based on Fallout 3\NV, was actually a different camera orientation than its original? Fallout 3 was as much like Fallout 1/2 as TES:O is to Skyrim. By your own logic Fallout 3 was a piece of shit clone.

Lawyered.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  9. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    For all you know you might be able to pick 1st person view we all know the engine is more than capable of it..

Chances are it don't but still you do not know..

I my self will just wait and see and would of liked it more if it was just Skyrim Online although i may still like it.

Just hope there is a demo when it's released as then you get a much better idea then and guess work or silly ass video's.
  10. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Technically you can play first person in WoW, it's just nauseating and reduces your situational awareness to almost zero. The reason for third-person camera angles in most MMO's is generally because they expect multiple people to be fighting enemies, so they rely on mechanics that can hit you from all angles. In first person you wouldn't be able to react to more punishing fight mechanics so the entire game would be dumbed down and less enjoyable for everyone.
  11. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    This looks cool, Visiting all of Tamriel, damn...

I wonder if they make a SP version using the same engine and map but with proper story, quest and NPCs. Maybe this will partly serve as basis for TES VI. I dunno if I can play another main TES game with only one region to play with after playing TES Online with all regions.
  12. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    A lot of people don't seem to be getting that while MM said the words "camera angle", he meant the action associated with it, not the angle itself. IE skyrim(1st person) VS wow(3rd person).
  13. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    There are action-oriented MMO's (TERA comes to mind) but the combat system is no more engaging, and mostly just leads to a click fest a la Diablo. Honestly, at no time during a dungeon or raid do I see the combat system in WoW as detrimental or boring.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  14. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Battlefield 3 is a Wolfenstein 3D clone.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  15. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I hope it not like GW1 i really do in so many ways. Diablo 3 is is click fest if you make it as it can be automated to a point.
  16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I never said it wasn't, just more words people try and put into my mouth (Guitar). The difference between me and many others on this forum though, is that I realize thats how genre's evolve. Mimic and add new features. If WarZ didn't add it's own flavor, then I wouldn't be interested in it one bit. But having weapon attachments, body armor, unique zombies, friends lists, and a few other things, makes me fine with the genre advancing. Many games are "rip offs", the kind of them is probably all of the God of War clones, many of which don't bring anything new to the table, which is why most of them are crap.

Either way, this subject is neither here nor there, Guitar contributed nothing to this thread, except another off-topic subject, and it seems others posting are interested in this game.

Win, I'm sad I'm almost caught up on that series.

What action associated with it? Theres 1st person and theres 3rd person, pretty simple, he said it was a clone simply because it used the same camera orientation, rather than citing other gameplay mechanics. Either way, there's MMO's before WoW that used that camera angle.

But I think we should move past this crap anyways, it seems that some people are jumping in the thread that might actually be interested in the game. And it would be nice to converse with them about it. I'm all for voicing an opinion if you think somethings bad, but that opinion doesn't need to be said more than once, all it does is make those trying to talk about the game with others respond to the hate, rather than talk about the actual game with others interested in it. Just not very productive.

Agreed. I've played most of the MMO's out there, just so I had a good baseline to compare other MMO's against. Played both AoC and TERA, and those are about as "action oriented" as MMO's get. And while it's interesting for a bit, in the end it gets repetitive and boring, and feels less engaging. Some classes in WoW did have simply rotations that were pretty dull. But some classes had engaging rotations that were very fun, especially when you had to mix in other abilities not in the rotation for a specific problem that might occur, thats when it becomes very fun. Thats why I like Hybrid classes, swapping to tank with a sword and shield when the tank dies and trying to keep it going, or tossing a few off heals to help, those moments made my day when I played.

They say they are going left click to attack and right click to block, which is basically how the ES series has worked, and that sounds good, a bit of a change up, but not overly complicated. If they allow you to use other hotkeys for some spells, like 1 - 0, that should be an engaging system actually having to manually attack and block, accentuated by using hotkeys to cast things that help you.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  17. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    You just described the combat system from TERA, but it sounds as though they probably won't have the combo system in TERA, so it will be even less interesting. Honestly, I don't see why people crap on the combat mechanics of most MMO's. And for the record, WoW didn't invent that system, or make it standard, Everquest did if I recall, and UO may have even before that. EQ was the game almost all MMO's pulled from, so if anything, call every game an EQ clone lol.

Also, as for "rotations" for certain classes/specs, nobody is forcing you to use them, it's just kind of the most optimal way to do it. The goal is generally to do a lot of damage, hold aggro well, or get very efficient and effective heals, and there is usually an optimal way to do it.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  18. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I personally wasn't a huge fan of the combo system in TERA though. I'd rather have left click and right click attack/block with a solid rotation of hotkeys rather than depend on the combo's so much. ES series basically only runs left and right click and I find that entertaining enough with just swapping abilities, adding actual hotkeys on top of it should be more than enough I think. And yep, EQ was a huge innovator as far as "modern" MMO's go, as was AO, so many things were taken from those two games. Just how genre's evolve, take the good ideas, hopefully remove the bad, and add new good ideas.

And of course, optimal rotations, theres plenty of rotations, especially bad ones. But finding the optimal one, and being able to adapt it on the fly if a situation changes if what I find a lot of fun.