1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Elder Scrolls V SKYRIM !! 11-11-11

Discussion in 'Games' started by AphexDreamer, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    Bethesda makes me feel the need to troll.

HOWEVER if I watch enough youtube videos and then maybe pirate it first to make sure it isn't as shitty and buggy as every other game they've made (excluding Morrowind) then I MIGHT buy it.

But my hopes are low.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Well, Bethesda does have id Software under their roof so i dont se that so far fetched.
    But you can never know...

3. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Well this is a nice surprise to wake up to. Now to rub it in my flat mates face who was adamant there would never be another TES.

4. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Bethesda will not be using the ID Tech 5 engine for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim or Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

MachineGames is developing a Triple A multiplatform title for Bethesda using the ID Tech 5 engine.

the Gambyro Engine that powers Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas is getting a makeover for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. the reason is the ID Tech 5 engine wasn't designed for open worlds.

5. Sensi Karate

Sensi Karate New Member

Thanks Received:
    :O

Lets hope the main story is not as crap as TES 4 and goes down the TES 3 lane and have a shit load more NPCs for immersion and I will be happy.

6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    The bugs may be annoying, but they're fixed by mods (usually not available to consoles) or script workarounds using the console (which the "consoles" don't have! LOL). Whenever an NPC goes missing (i.e. the AI is stupid), I just search for his/her ref id, uses prid <ref id>, then moveto player, and smile, because of the fact that console gamers just gets f**ked up when the same thing happens. lol

7. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Cool video, but CGI doesn't get me amped up, lets hope for a new engine.

8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  9. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    well it better be good. and give us DX11 and tesselation. an open world tesselation game would just make me have an orgy :D

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    considering how morrowind, oblivion and FO3 all looked damned awesome in their times, i'm sure TESV is going to make us orgasm and poop ourselves simultaneously.

(i think some of us already HAVE)

11. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Just got done puting a whole bunch of texture mods and adding God Rays to my Oblivion. Just to celebrate the announcement gonna start a new game :toast:

12. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Very good news right there! I remember being amazed by both Morrowind and Oblivion, but that was 6 - 8 years ago. I was figuring they would have moved to a new engine for FO3, as Bethesda is known as a great RPG maker and they push the limits, but they didn't, then they skipped it again.

FO3 was eh, looks the same as games that looked great 6+ years ago. But a new engine for this, hopefully it will be amazing like when Morrowind and Oblivion landed. I remember trying to max out Oblivion on my old x850 Pro, ran great as I was running around, then I seen a wolf... was like 1 fps, I'm lucky I was even able to kill the thing.

13. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    i'm hoping this will be even better than ESIV! :)

14. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    That is just awesome.

15. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    If they're using iDTech 5 or anything iDTech 5 based it'll probably use OpenGL (Translation into Internets: If they're using iDTech 5 or anything iDTech 5 based it'll probably be injected with 50ccs of AWESOME.), but that's just going off of Carmack's rant and previous iDTech engines (I still don't know much about iDTech 5). If it does use OpenGL, forget youtube movies and any chance of pirating, I'll buy it outright no matter how bad the gameplay/bugs suck. I guess now I'll just hope for dual-weapons.......

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  16. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    did i miss something? since when would they NOT have dual weapons?

as far as buying it, etc - I will buy this no matter what. Any complaints I have ever had about a beth game have only ever fallen into the "i expected MORE from beth, though this is still great" category.

so that can lead to disappointment, but a comparison to the next nearest competitor shows how good they really are. I mean, I love gothic as much as the next guy - but there's just no contest.

17. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Sound logic esp now that a new engine confirmed and I sure hope you're right. I want it to pound my machine into the ground like Oblivion did. Later, I wished I'd waited to play it until I had more powerful hardware.

18. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    Since when have ANY of the Elder Scrolls EVER had dual-weapons? If so, I would like to see pics.

19. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    wow i must be going crazy :)

lol either way, i obviously have never tried enough to know or care ;)

20. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    A Dark Elf weilding two sabre's would be just too cool and epic to put in the game. :(

21. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As long as they still allow me to collect useless stuff to store in my house (like 200 pillows lol), I'm good.
    I have been being good about not buying games before I read the reviews, but this is a must have for me. RPG geeks FTW !!

digibucc says thanks.
  22. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    someone earlier showed something saying they werent using any ID engines, but a new one.

23. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Information is pretty thin at the moment.
    I read that they were not going to use the ID engine becuase it's not really suited for open worlds (No information as to why that is the case)
    I also read that they were doing a complete revamp of the gamebryo engine (Can't find any verification of that)
    Looks like we will have to just wait and see unless Todd or someone else at Beth tosses us a bone.

24. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I read the same, but what does that mean? Rage seems to have a huge open world. From the looks of it it doesn't look any smaller than FO3 or Oblivion, for example. Plus Megatexture was supposed to help in open and massive environments.

It's brand new according to the twitter link. Probably is being created in-house instead of licensing it. IMO maybe it's not id Tech5 but it sure is somehow based on it, and they are surely using id/Carmack's expertise. It would be stupid not to!!

25. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    The only thought I had was that Tech5 may be great for FPS, but not suited for the complexities of RPG. Not sure on that at all.

I'm not sure what "new engine" means either. If they use the core from an existing engine and rewrite everything on top of it, is that considered new? Perhaps. Again, No information.

Frustrating. I'm more interested in the tech they will be using than the game at the moment. lol