1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Elder Scrolls V SKYRIM !! 11-11-11

Discussion in 'Games' started by AphexDreamer, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm sure they will throw in some humorous stuff. They usually do.

PCGamer had a spread on it this month. Looks like the dual wielding will be very cool.
    You can put whatever you want into your hands, so 2 swords, sword + shield, sword + spell, shield + spell, 2 spells, etc. for various combinations of offense and defense.
    Supposed to be hundreds of variations.
  2. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    Level 40? Dude, you have way too much free time if you have a character at level 40.
  3. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    never winter nights took alot of my life for a very long time years ago
  4. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it took a lot of my time, but I never ended up with a level 40 character.

Just a handful of level 13s to 16s......
  5. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    The three naked Nords were just a part of Morrowind already. Did Bloodmoon add even more of them? :laugh:

Also, I'm sure this has been discussed, but I want to throw it out there anyways: Think the game looks pretty awesome now? Just wait 'til it's been out for a couple years and people have modded the hell out of it :D
  6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I like to use bows and such, but not as a main weapon, fun to close distance with them, then switch weapons. And I don't really like hiding, like I said, I play the role of the Kurgan, I stand on the top of a mountain with lightning coming down, then wade through a full battle just to get to my target, even if they know I'm coming for them. I just like the look, and like the feel of that kind of class.

I don't tank either, you assume as much as I do :D I don't use shields, and if there is a class that drops armor in favor of mobility (like a Barbarian, but not a rogue, I don't like to hide or play tricky, I'm going to come at you like a freight train and your going to crap your pants, it's my playstyle in almost all games including shooters.) I haven't played DDO or NWM (well I did like 8 years ago) so I'm not sure on balance in those games, but if the devs do a good job balancing, then don't put your money down on coming out alive, I do enjoy PvP and have a lot of practice weilding big ass 2 handers and getting the job done, I always love people telling me "wow a tank class shouldn't be capable of that kind of damage". I've ranked in top 200 in the world on numerous boss fights for damage on my current MMO as one of the weaker DPS classes, and I tear it up in PvP too. Don't expect this Warrior to not have some tricks up his sleeves and just go down like a chump.
  7. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Captain.Abrecan and theJesus say thanks.
  8. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    PhysXerror says thanks.
  9. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    So much talking!
  10. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Sad that the video is on 360, it looks good on the console, but I want to see PC. Can't wait for this game.
  11. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    hopefully its because they're reworking the graphics engine for PC, and the console ones are just done first.
  12. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Lets hope, It does look very good even on the console, but I'm hoping for Witcher 2 levels of graphics. Sad that I hear Skyrim is also DX9 only, but if it looks as good as the Witcher 2, then thats fine by me.
  13. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    what they've shown us so far might not even be console. remember crysis 2 and its leak? they had console level graphics in that, that actually looked better on PC than they did on the consoles (if not by much)

just saying that we cant trust the videos and screenshots so far to be accurate representations.
  14. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Well from what was said in another interview. The engine is designed to scale power as needed to create detail up close and give a real since of distance by rendering out as far as the system will allow.

They have stated the game looks much much better on PC and the objects rendered in the background have more detail on PC because of the extra power it can throw around.

This was on Xbox, but the original gameplay footage released was on a PC test bed and they did in fact look much better than this video. I don't think we will be remotely disappointed in graphics.

I just hope it is not a bug filled mess and any bugs are minor and fixed quickly.
  15. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Latest tidbits I read say that the Main quest is about 30 hours of game play.
    If you do everything they are adding as side quests and such it will add another 200 to 300 hours.

Bethesda seems to be going for the gold platinum with this one.
    Ray_Rogers2109, theJesus and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  16. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    it's easier to setup and capture video on console, that and it's probably your target market. it looks really good on console your not even hit with "welcome to Jenkville" when you get really close to a texture :laugh:
  17. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I thought they had released PC screens, but I wasn't 100% sure so I didn't feel like someone telling me I was wrong. I just remember seeing screenshots that looked more impressive. To be honest, even if it looked like it did in those 360 videos, I would be fine with that, I just hope to see much better.

And as far as a bug filled mess, They been working with the same engine since 2002 and yet the first guy you seen into New Vegas's head rotated and that chicks dogs eyes fell out. I know it's a Bethseda game when it has minor funny bugs that usually aren't game breaking, which doesn't bother me too much.

Thats a good amount of play, I'm so tossed on how to play this game. I usually only like playing Bethseda games one way. Oblivion bows were too crappy, constantly back pedaling, and I didn't like the Magic. So I play Melee, or Fallout I play Big Guns, don't like Lasers and the Melee isn't done very well. So I really only enjoy one type of character so I explore everything on my play through.

But with Bullet time for Archers, that sounds awesome. Or playing a dual caster looks great too, or finally being able to Dual wield. Or maybe a melee/caster hybrid. But then if I play multiple characters, I will have to force myself to not explore everything. If I explore it all, what good are the next play throughs. My friends always talk about finding places they never found before on next play throughs and it sounds fun, but I see houses off in the distance and I just want to run there.

Easier that running a live stream, or just turning on fraps and hitting the hotkey? I'd say a DVR is about on par, but wouldn't say easier.
  18. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Apparently they have stated console is the "lead SKU" though I do not have a legit source for this.
  19. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Invisible Walls, Bombcast and some other podcast (Joystiq I think) have said a couple times it's easier to capture video on console than PC. I don't know why or how they do it but I do know people carry expensive cameras and capture equipment to press events. oh and one of the reasons the XBOX 360 gets more coverage in reviews is because it's easier to load a profile lol
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  20. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    It was a Microsoft payoff to run the game on an Xbox. That is what I chose to believe.

I am not sure why people thing it is easier to capture video with a console. Ultimately, whatever you used to capture that video in HD is a computer cause I know it wasn't burning a HD DVD or Blu-ray on the fly. So the easy part of capturing a video on console is to use a computer, gotcha.

Video capture works the same regardless of what you use to do it. The only difference is the console runs the game while another system records the screen. This can be done with a computer connected to an HD TV as well using the same setup.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  21. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    That's it? :rolleyes:
  22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Thats what any of their games have been. In FO3 I think you can bust out the main storyline is like 10 hours if you are flying. Thats exactly why you shouldn't play the game like that. And 200 - 300 hours would probably be just doing the side quests, not taking a ton of time to explore. I personally will be climbing every damn mountain I can, and screenshoting it, like planting my flag.
    Ray_Rogers2109 says thanks.
  23. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    lol me too, I was joking :p
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  24. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    I hope dragon shouts don't make mages obsolete. I mean what would be the point to a mage if you can be a warrior that can use dragon shouts (which are supposed to be like high level spells).
  25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Mages will be using them too, I'm assuming Dragon Shouts offer things normal casting doesnt. Like knockbacks and such, I highly doubt they will be what you use to solo kill enemys, that wouldn't be any fun.