1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Elder Scrolls V SKYRIM !! 11-11-11

Discussion in 'Games' started by AphexDreamer, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    i, for one, can not wait for this game to come out! while i do agree that bethesda needs to do some work on the melee system(frnakly melee sucks. im very much of a "put a sword in each hand and send me into the fray" kind of guy, oblivion actually made me want to use a bow :eek:), and a dual wielding class would be nice, i still thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay of the games. i loved the expansive side quests and the depth and feeling they give the worlds. hidden assassins guild, thieves guild, warriors guild, magicians guild, loved them all. and dont even get me startedon the mods. any1 remember the bank mod for morrowwind, or tha giant vampire mod? tes is awesome! :rockout:

2. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    I know that feeling dude, I know that feeling.

A couple of longswords and a healthy dose of healing potions/spells make everything awesome. That's what I liked about being a ranger in NWN.

3. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    That is so absolutely true! I loved Morrowind because of that and made completing quests much more rewarding and added a lot to immersion, but I suppose that noobs and console kids would be lost forever and quit the game to cry a little bit. When I first played Oblivion I hated it, I was highly dissapointed because of how that works. I actually stopped playing after a few hours, but I ultimately returned and ended up loving it. I hope they implement both methods in Skyrim (i.e NPCs say more than "I'll mark it on your map" or some generic direction), so that you can disable the compass and keep the compass for kids.

Also I hope that fast travelling is eliminated and we see a return for mark/recall/intervention as well as striders, boats etc. They can just add more of them so that you can use them more frequently. The game having dragons, levitate/jump/slowfall is a must too.

Another thing I would really like them to borrow from Morrowind is how magic works, based on a success system instead of a perks system. I loved how being low level you could still try some crazy spell with 3% success probability.

And that's my wish list for now, Santa. Bye. Haha.

EDIT: I just realized that I want Morrowind with new graphics and AI. lol. As good as TES IV was, because it is an excellent game, but as good as it is, Bethesda, please just send TES IV to oblivion and bring us Morrowind 2011, a.k.a. Skyrim.

About the leveling thing on Oblivion I don't think it is so bad actually, I like the idea of leveled enemies*. The difficulty settings is complely fucked up though. At 100% difficulty you deal 1/6th the damage and receive 6x the damage, that's a 36x dissadvantage and is just ridiculous... At 90% 5x and 1/5, 80% 4x and 1/4x and so on. I don't know what they were thinking about. But the idea of finding more powerful enemies is good IMO, there should be more non-leveled ones on important quest related stuff. Borderlands does it decently IMO.

*The chances of finding daedric/ebony/glass items should be far lower, although they should be far better like in Morrowind. I still remember the first time I found an ebony piece of armor and thought "OMG it's like 3 times better and costs 10x wow".

Also how tempting was to kill an Ordinator to get his armor... but you had to remember you could not use it in Vivec. Aaah Good times playing Morrowind.

4. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    keep it simple. improve the combat mechanics, better story, new engine and it will sell.

5. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    No please, don't make it simpler ffs. On the contrary, it's the right time to return the franchise to what it was in terms of "complexity" or at least make it something inbetween Oblivion and Morrowind. Oblivion already was dumbed down enough for the sake of improving sales (at the expense of slightly dissapointing all time fans). Oblivion + expansions + FO3 + expansions have alredy gathered enough attention from the mainstream people. They will buy whatever Bethsoft releases. Now it's time to educate them and please die hard fans at the same time. I'm sure that everybody will see the changes (back to Morrowind kind of complexity) as an upgraded and rewarding experience.

6. Taz100420

Taz100420

Thanks Received:
    I love Oblivion but the repetitious dungeons got boring fast. Wasent there like 300 places to be found? Cant remember, been a few years since I played last. The side quests took WAY longer than the main story lol.

They only bug I can recall that got me was the quest with the Umbra sword. I'd take it and it would freeze. So i wouldnt do that quest and be sad b/c I wanted that sword!

I'd DEF. get this game launch time.

BumbleBee says thanks.
  7. Nokiacrazi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dual wielding. Hit boxes. Much more realistic ballistics. Bleeding effects? Horse combat? Werewolvism and vampirism?

8. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    let's hope they ditch gamebryo and make the engine actually stable for us PC users! Given thier track record for the PC versions I'm not holding my breath. I will wait till there's a quilt (after all the hundreds of patches needed) LOL.

9. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    hmm definetly interesting in this, hopefully the storyline will hold up to predecessors graphics of course should be awesome, they've had plenty of time and they have a reputation for making some of the best looking games of their time.

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Despite the numerous bugs in the game there was also a lighter side to them.
    Like this chap here with the green lips who I decided to name Frog Mouth.
    [​IMG]

Bjorn_Of_Iceland says thanks.
  11. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    LOL looks liek he ate too much pork chops laden with swamp gas.

Ray_Rogers2109 says thanks.
  12. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    the zoom sequence when engaging a conversation always creeps me out.

13. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Lycanthropy.
    Sorry but I couldn't resist the urge.

14. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    For the king! For the king! For the sake of Skyrim! For our life! For our home! For High Hrothgar's blood! For the Nords! For the Gods! For the sole single son! Dovahkiin, our king, who will dawn with fire!

Fourstaff says thanks.
  15. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i had no problem with stability on launch with 4, never tried morrowind until it was out for awhile.

as far as gamebryo, i believe they ahve already said they are using a new in house engine.

16. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    i think my heart just skipped a beat like 10 times!!! i must got back and beat the last one

17. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Some wild mass guessing:
    "You" in the trailer is none other than the Champion of Cyrodiil, aka the player character in Oblivion. Thus the Dovahkiin is considered a different character.

18. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    After all I did for those old gits, if they don't make me Emperor I'm going to throw a fit.

19. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    And so I heard that we are going to start our game as a prisoner. Just saying.

20. Nokiacrazi New Member

Thanks Received:
    I hope they get rid of them stupid mudcrabs!

21. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I would actually venture another guess that there can be no Emperor since there is no Empire...;)

Maybe the Dovahkiin can fix that though. :p

22. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    didnt morrowind and oblivion start as you as a prisoner? wait, that was a joke, wasnt it? :laugh:

speaking of morrowwind(which i actually never finished, shame on me) what happened to that player character in the tes storyline?

EDIT:so after a quick story refresher on wikipedia, i've discovered that by the end of morrowind and expansions you become basically a reincarnated god, leader of morrowind, a god killer, and if you want, a wolverine. im wondering if you can become a vampire as well as wolverine, lol

and in oblivion, you become the next best thing to the emperor, a legendary knight blessed by one of the nine(one might say an avatar of one of the nine), and a deadra god.

and this isnt to mention becoming head of the warriors guild, mage guild, assassins guild, thieves guild, etc haha

gotta love bethesda
    cant wait for skyrim!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  23. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes it was a joke. You start as a prisoner (or similar) in every TES game afaik. Even in FO3 you are a prisoner f sorts. It's a gameplay mechanism actually, a way to introduce you to a world that is mostly unknown to you. You don't know a lot about the world surrounding you and/or what's happening on the world, because you spent your latest years and most of your adult life in prison.

IMO it's a more elegant solution than the "amnesia method" in STALKER (it's a tired one after so may books/films/games using it) or the "you are completely new to the world" (i.e. Borderlands). In the latter the story teller has to explain many things about the world to you because that's what makes most sense (you are new), but in the prisoner approach no one will tell you, or will just tell you only some bits because you are not an obvious stranger to that world, so you should know most of those things. The world is then left for you to explore and learn about the world by looking at the world itself and its innahitants. The immersion and perception of being in an actual world is much much higher this way. Valve nailed it on HL series too using this same concept.

Ray_Rogers2109 says thanks.
  24. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    They'd better still have skooma in it!

25. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    i nver realised that skooma was weed until i saw that youtube video posted previously :roll: