1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Elder Scrolls V SKYRIM !! 11-11-11

Discussion in 'Games' started by AphexDreamer, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Futureshop has a nice deal.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=36f6729fce0e1c34bf6331f809438b11en02

no retailer in the world has that steelbook. the collectors edition doesn't even come with one.

2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I would never let a dude bang all my chicks. It would be a battle to the death for that privilege!

3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    you think i wouldnt be sniping from afar?

4. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    For that kind of offense, I think an axe to the neck is more applicable, I want them to see my face, forks, spoons, knives, plates, and women. And to know who did it.

hellrazor says thanks.
  5. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    We got dual wielding, right? I say shove one through his one eye, sit down, have a nice chat about how stupid he is and how glorious I am, and if he feels like fighting me some more shove the other through his other eye and start throwing forks and knives at him until he dies.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  6. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
  7. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    ignore this comment if you haven't watched the video above.

getting some serious Reznov vibes. I was expecting a quick time event when your head is about to be chopped off :laugh:

8. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    Sad day.

I had not been paying a lot of attention to this, so when I found out today that Steam is a requirement, I had to cancel my pre-order.

I was looking forward to playing TES V, but I will not support a company who treats their honest customers as criminals.

9. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    what? i almost don't even want to dignify that with a response, but my lesser half prevails.

steam is far from a restrictive drm. digital download is the way of the future and partnering with steam for example is a great way for a developer to get their product out there. you seem to not recognize that bethesda is one of the few devs that aren't backed by ea or actiivsion. they don't have a publishing powerhouse and therefore have to make concessions. (as though every single ea, activision or ubisoft game isn't tied to their respective softwares)

i really wish you guys would step back and look at your argument. you are getting upset over innovation and modernization. if the purpose was to lock you online, i would agree - but i don't believe that is the case. i am positive that bethesda is simply trying to distribute the game in the most efficient manner possible, and steam is one hell of an efficient manner.

hellrazor, 1Kurgan1 and BondExtreme say thanks.
  10. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Oh for Christ's sake.

11. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    I was purchasing a retail disk, not a digital download.

How about this; you spend your money where you want, and I will spend (or not) mine as I see fit.

I will never use Steam.

If that means I will never play any games, so be it.

And by the way, I do patronize EA or Activision because of their policies, either.

Captain.Abrecan says thanks.
  12. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    how about this: when you post your opinions on a public forum, people with differing opinions are likely to comment and respond. i believe you are being unreasonable, and you can care or not - but your hardline stance only proves the point further.

you have made up your mind, so why complain about what is the norm? this is the way it is, you have decided not to keep up.

ViperXTR, Wrigleyvillain and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  13. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:

There will come a day when you don't play video games on the pc any longer unfortunately. At least you have prepared yourself.

I can't fault you if you dislike steam.

But I'm going to be playing the shit out of Skyrim!

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  14. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    OK, thank you for sharing your viewpoint.

Moving on...

15. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    My opinion is if someone supports a game so much and would in fact love to play it then who cares what program you have to run it through... The only thing that matters in the end is that you play the damn game you have been waiting so long for... Ok, im done :rolleyes:

ViperXTR says thanks.
  16. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    @Arctucas

I'm not a fan of steam either but I am not going to let that stop me from playing TESV when it's released.

I'd deal with steam until there is a way around running the game without steam and undoubtedly there will be a way.

BondExtreme says thanks.
  17. Captain.Abrecan

Captain.Abrecan New Member

Thanks Received:
    The guy at gamestop didn't mention anything about the steam client. Damn it.

I'm gonna have to cancel my pre-order when I get out of work. Which basically means I am looking forward to no gaming this entire winter. I think I will take up HEMA, or WMA. Probably Kunst Des Fechtens over Armizare either way though.

18. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    You have PM.

19. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I don't see a problem with Steam, I love seeing my Steam folder plump full of games, last I checked it's something like $2400 worth of games.... I haven't spent over $500 to get all of that. :laugh:

I'd rather have companies spending time to develop their game then spend money and time working with DRM. But investors still want that DRM there, so going with Steam is a win/win/win since all of their titles have been on Steam anyways. They get the DRM they were looking for (which isn't a bad DRM at all), and we get the game we were looking for without them dicking around too much with DRM.

Horrux and hellrazor say thanks.
  20. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    I understand what you are suggesting, but I cannot, or rather, will not allow myself to, do that.

21. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    +100

22. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    What, getting a no-steam crack for a game he bought? You complain about DRM, but you refuse to buy a game when you can get rid of that DRM? I do not see how that is better than pirating....

23. Captain.Abrecan

Captain.Abrecan New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't understand why everyone is defending steam in the first place. Arctucas didn't actually mention any of the debate points regarding steam that the rest of you rallied together to defend. His original post was actually very indirect, he could have been talking about any company. In fact I think he meant pretty much any company. It's the same reason I don't own an ipod.

In a lot of ways, that alone highlights what is wrong with the service. If I walk into TGI Fridays and say, "This place sucks", the staff will generally respond with "There are no rats here! We don't water down the drinks! Our chicken is not overcooked!" That is probably exactly what is wrong with the restaurant. It's funny to watch cult members scramble to justify themselves.

The posts are funny to watch, actually. Things like "You complain about DRM, but..."
    When He didn't actually say anything. That is clearly Plurium Interrogationum. Talk about bullshit. I do love the other non sequitur posts a bit more than the usual ad hominem stuff I find here, that's for damn sure. Ripping good laugh.

24. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    I suppose it is matter of principle, or morality, or sense of right and wrong, whatever you wish to call it.

I believe everyone makes their own decisions, and no-one should let others unduly influence or coerce them. I have not said anyone should choose to buy or to not buy the game because it requires Steam. I said that I have made the personal decision to not buy it because of that requirement.

It is also my belief that there is a big difference between boycotting a company and stealing. However, others may believe differently, it not up to me to judge them, and I would hope they would afford me the same consideration.

25. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    wow, you're going to let STEAM stop you from playing TES V? LOL. Steam is the greatest invention ever for PC games. I wish all games were on steam.

You people who are against 'big companies' (is Valve _really_ that big?) are just hypocrites or wanna-be hipsters. "Oh a company is popular for its services? Well they must be evil because so many people use them." I'd like to see how far you get playing games without the big companies Microsoft or Intel. Maybe you wish everyone was still on Colecovision because at least that was DRM free. Get real and stop trying to spread your disease and negativity to the people who actually like things convenient.