1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Iceni

Thanks Received:
    anyone else automatically look to see how badly their weapons and armour are damaged after a dungeon! Someone needs to mod repair back into Skyrim.

the thing i miss most about morrowind is Levitate. I wonder just how many people died from that guy that falls from the sky at the very beginning. Ohhh a scroll! cast whee i'm flying, here comes the ground :D reroll not auto saved yet!!! lol

Scrote - my archer is back up to level 39. The game is becoming too easy now. I may have to go roll another character soon.. But i'll get all the shouts first i think just for the achievement.

Mussels says thanks.
  2. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    No, fixing my armor and shit every 20 minutes was fucking annoying.

3. Horrux

Horrux

Thanks Received:
    I agree 100%. The smithing and enchanting though, are fun.

4. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Anyone who enjoys modding the game and crafting anything needs to check out the Tytanis mod on Skyrim Nexus, it adds a ton of new craftable items :D

Ahhzz says thanks.
  5. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    **bump** I would like some help on my last "reply"

6. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    It should update next time though as Steam will check out the launcher version and will update.

The only problem is, will the next update replace the files which you replaced or will it replace others causing a compatibility issue.

I fortunately have a 1.2 Skyrim folder backup and decided to live with the bugs for now since the quests were not fixed.

----

The guard at the moment keep on saying to me "No time for lolligaggin...."

7. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Hmm damn I hoped it used some other log or receipt to know it updated. I didn't replace files I replaced the whole folder. From a glance at my Steam client it doesn't appear to have updated again but I'm not sure. Guess I'll try to torch a Flame Atronach again to test.

8. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I might be wrong.
    I did a test today as I wanted to see if the Skyrim lancher would revert to 1.1 from my Skyrim backup.
    I uninstalled Skyrim by deleting local content as I had manually reverted back to 1.1.
    Then I back up restored Skyrim and found afterwards, Skyrim was wanting to update.
    I checked the Skyrim folder and found the Launcher was at 1.2 even though I had backed up prior to 1.2
    Durin this time I also noticed data files were missing 'update, Skyrim interface' and TESV.exe from the Skyrim folder.

It appears when you back up Skyrim through steam, it does not save the three files mentioned and wants you to download them even though I did select do not update.

I added the 1.1 files during the update and let the update download.
    Despite not allowing the update to install, I had (error code 77) pop up when launching Skyrim so the update may have half-way gone through regardless of stopping the intallation of the update.

This is when I gave up and decided to follow the rules and just drop the Skyrim folder updated to 1.2 back into the steam folder.

I have my hopes with this patch to patch the 1.2 patch as I did with 1.2 patching the problems in 1.1 I was experiencing but well see.:banghead:

9. Maelstrom

Thanks Received:
    He's supposed to die. Just continue the companion quests and you will eventually cure him while he is a ghost.

10. bostonbuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm def thinking a nord next, get smithing to 100 real quick, use the heart in the companions crib to make a legendary daedric warhammer, put soul capture on it, make dragon armor as I kill dragons, as apposed to my mace and spell dark elf battlemage I use now, would be interesting.

11. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    To add to this spoiler. there is known bug, I don't know if you have update to the 1.2 patch but it may or may not resolve the issue.

This is what I did.
    When you see the main guy laying there dead, one of the other companions Varkas or his twin will talk to you and if it bugs out for you, the quest will not proceed to killing some more people.
    Instead Varkas or his twin do nothing but sit down at one of the tables eating with no dialogue to let you proceed with the quest.
    This is where I reverted back to an old save, fast traveled to Dragonsreach, waited there on the bridge for 15 hours which then became day light then proceeded with going to Jorvaskaar or whatever it is called.
    For some reason the quest proceeded to the next part.
    I do not know the setstage to enter into the command console if the above does not work for you.

12. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Look, just do what I do. Consider the broken quest as part of the story. I have a quest I cannot complete because the guy I was suppose to talk to was mysterious murdered in his home. Considering I was investigating a shady government plot, I just wrote it off as that story ended with me losing that spy game and walked away from the situation before I turned up dead.

I also have a quest where the Jarl of Riften is suppose to make me a thane, but she will not speak to me about it any more. I just wrote that off as she found out about my ties with the Thieves Guild and will not have me represent the city know such.

Now the quest where I was suppose to give that dude in the library at the Mage's College the Children of the Sky book and him not taking it when I have it in my inventory, that just pisses me off. He better hope that adventure doesn't end with me killing every mage in that compound. The place would make one bad ass house for all my cool stuff.

13. bostonbuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Faralda is attacking me onsite wtf? I needs my master level dest spells. Could it be my bounty in winterhold, or maybe she saw me stealing I dunno, have no clue how far I'de have to go back in saves for her to not.

14. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    try sheathing weapons and hitting E on her.

or maybe a calm spell.

15. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I can possibly help you the quest where Urag wants the book.
    If the quest did complete but he did not take the book, the you will have to press the tilde key and type in player.removeitem XXXXX 1 the x's being the item ID.

If he just keeps repeating a line over and over again about the guy messing with
    the eye of magnus
    then you need to complete the quest to be able to give him any books.

I found that quest needs to be completed if you are to complete any miscellaneous quests with Urag.

16. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I find when this sort of scenario happens, I draw my weapon then sheathe it.
    But this is with body guards about who immediately want me to pay a bribe or go to jail.
    Once I have paid my dues, the game carries on.

A bit unrealistic but it works.

I have killed some important people and by doing what I did, they let me off with a bounty even though many bystanders watched me shout the person off the balcony, steal their clothes and gold blatantly in front of their face.

Later for them to say to me OMG someone killed so and so! :roll:

I didn't want to kill them but hey.....hail sithis! :)

Mussels says thanks.
  17. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Bad guys bewar, because it's Dovahkid time!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Ahhzz says thanks.
  18. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Oh no.....
    I felt embarrassed just hearing that woman sing a song from Skyrim.

I personally could not do it myself.

19. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Really? I thought it was pretty damn cool.

20. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I certainly give kudos for doing it to the singer for doing it.
    Personally I feel it takes some big balls to do such a thing and really loving the elder scrolls to do so.

At least it was recorded great.:toast:

21. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Shit, I'd do it if I could actually sing and I could get my recording shit to work in Windows 7

22. bostonbuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    she's so sven but shes alright

23. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    OT......but I understand the getting recording software to work on Window 7 which is one of the reasons why I am still on XP and my HP mini has Win 7 Ultimate.

24. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Oh, the software is fine, it's just getting it to recognize the ancient and no-longer-supported hardware (Presonus Firestation) over an ancient protocol (MLAN). Well, I guess that's technically a software problem, but whatever.

25. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Man that sucks Presonus Firestation is no go now since the devs have given up on updating the drivers.

Probably support their new releases though :mad:

Thankfully for me, my Pro Audio sound card is the opposite,
    Had terrible support initially but now have much better support.