1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Electronic Arts' Massive 2012 $1.6m Battlefield 3 Tournament: Consoles Yes, PC No

Discussion in 'News' started by qubit, Sep 28, 2011.

1. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i agree this is stupidity, but boycotting bf3 you are only losing out. there will be nowhere near enough of you boycotting to make any real difference. boycotting is good and all, i just think this cause itself is lost.

plus, it's important to recognize that DiCE is not EA and vice versa. publisher's are evil, DiCE is a good developer. stand by the few good developers in existence even if you have to deal with a crappy publisher or two.

Animalpak says thanks.
  2. hknbeast New Member

Thanks Received:
    PS3 and XBOX360 ?????

I say only RETARDS play on CONSOLES..........................
    Moving the guns like bunch of assholes and firing indefinitely.....shit they are retard to buy the console at the first place..................

3. Trackr New Member

Thanks Received:
    This kind of reminds me of Lost.

Why 1.6? Why not 1.7, 1.8?

4. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    I strongly prefer the PC too and won't buy a console ever, but I don't think it's right to call console users retards.

5. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Once BF3 is fixed and working at least as good as BC2 is now then this will be a GREAT game. Yes the beta is buggy but it is the first time since the alpha that they can get to see how it will work fully with 10x more people that the alpha.

digibucc says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    truthfully i'm sick of this "beta is bugged" talk. not saying there are no issues, but have any of these people played on a real beta? and the idea that a MONTH left til release is not enough time to patch it up is equally ridiculous.

i highly, highly doubt that dice/ea will drop the ball on this one.

7. ThorAxe

Thanks Received:
    I don't give a hoot about some pointless tournament.

There has already been a tournament for best BF3 platform and PC won it by a mile.

8. Rowsol

Rowsol

Thanks Received:
    Shove your gold standard up your ass.

qubit says thanks.
  9. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    :toast:

people who have a console in the eyes of EA are money because the majority is synonymous with high earnings, the PC community is a minority this does not carry money ...

I do not agree with the special or limited editions are useless, and that ugly big metal box in my shelf ruins everything.

10. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
    Does anybody feel... betrayed?

11. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    not in the slightest. it cost a LOT of money to make battlefield 3 and they deserve to milk it. the logistics of a pc game tournament are crazy difficult compared to a console match.

they gave me battlefield 3, built for pcs - i'll let em have a tournament i never would've participated in anyway.

cheesy999 says thanks.
  12. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    same here

Dice are making a great game, it would've been better if it had been through a publisher that wasn't EA, but at the end of the day you get what your given, and i for one will be buying BF3 anyway because i don't care about a tournament, i play my games for Fun.

Has it occurred to anyone here consoles are the best platform for tournaments, because unlike PC's they are al the same, an no one's getting an advantage just because they can afford to spend 100's of £'s on mouse mats and gaming keyboards.

and now a large number of post's have appeared on this thread which, to be fair, seem to of been posting by people of limited intelligence, who can't spell and only want to insult console players (Example http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2410338&postcount=77). not realising a large amount of the people on these forums also play on consoles.

to the point, BF3 is a great game, and unlike COD, if they do want to make a little bit more money out of it, they have more then earned the right to do that

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
    digibucc says thanks.
  13. Shihabyooo

Shihabyooo

Thanks Received:
    People from sh*t holes for countries that are sanctioned by the US like me do. I just found out EA's blocking my damn country. ok WTF ? Why didn't you leave the game in Steam damn it ? Take your $s and rot in hell EA. :mad: :banghead: :shadedshu

14. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Regarding the 'EARLY' Beta access for buyers of MOH, I do. Early ... 2 whole damn days early! That is worse than betrayel. It is rape.

Regarding a tournament for consoles, I really don't think about them or use them or know about them.

15. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I do not feel betrayed at all, I am disappointing with some of the decisions made when making the game such as Battlelog and such but I still think this game (once finally fixed) will be a great game

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Most realistic ?, in meaning of the BF series ?. Anyways they can shove EA Origin were it came from their asses.

As for the contest it's probably like that to limit cheating as you know cheating is less rampant on consoles.

In the end no harm done here to me as it wont be as realistic as i require.

qubit says thanks.
  17. qubit

Thanks Received:
    rofl :roll:

[H]@RD5TUFF says thanks.
  18. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    I bet that this is actually the case - by limiting the contest to consoles, they eliminate the possibility of high-end gaming rigs & equipment giving anyone an unfair advantage. I'm not really sure I agree with the concept, but it's possible.

Kind of a lowest-common-denominator hardware baseline, but definitely not a "gold standard" lol.

19. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    The Gold Standard console comment came from the GameStop president talking about CLOUD GAMING, not because of BF3. GameStop doesn't like to mention that Steam is miles ahead of them on digital release content.

A ton of sensationalism and overreaction on this thread. Qubit likes to post stories like he's part of the Penny Press of the late 1800s/early 1900s (not hating on you, Qubit ;)).

20. qubit

Thanks Received:
    I do like to add zest to my stories and report irreverently where appropriate and I hope my readers like it. :D So many stories I see on the internet have bog standard titles with bog standard, deadpan reporting styles. BORING! :rolleyes:

I don't think this one was over sensationalized though. I certainly think it's a bad, arrogant move to alienate PC gamers, treating them like they're second class citizens. :shadedshu My headline and reporting style reflect this sentiment.

21. buggalugs

buggalugs

Thanks Received:
    Consoles is the gold standard of making money. That is all that matters to them, and its easier/quicker and cheaper to organise a console comp than a PC comp.

22. dank1983man420

dank1983man420

Thanks Received:
    The competiton is held by Virgin gaming as well. They have been holding big tournaments like the BF3 one for a while now. They have always been for Xbox and PS3 only as well. This is 100% the reason PC gamers are not included. This contest requires you to join the virgin gaming network, which is a massive gaming online betting network. This BF3 tourny is just another tourney to them(just happens to be the biggest one though). Here is the homepage for the sitehttp://virgingaming.com/. It clearly states only x box and ps3 can join the virgin gaming network. Why the pc's can't is up to Branson and his company to explain. If there's a pc version of some sort of some online betting site, then we can and should raise hell to EA/ Dice to support a contest for Us. But it has to be a major betting site if it's going to be a big of a payout, as the virgin one is part funded Richard Branson( along with the small fee the site gets for each bet as well I would think). Pretty much all I'm saying is that all EA/Dice did here is give the go ahead for Virgin gaming to do this massive contest. Of course they will support one of Branson's console gaming contests of their game(massive publicity)

I also did notice that the whole gold standard comment from the Gamestop dude and the and whole contest in general are two entirely unrealted stories and that most seem to be mixing them up as the same story.

No hate at all here toward anyone, I'm just seeing 5 pages of the same hating EA for the wrong reasons. There are obviously plenty of other things to hate EA about:toast:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
    digibucc says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  23. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    It's really sad to see company's and shooter franchise's that made their bones and got where they are now on the back of PC gamers are now taking a collective dump on PC gamers all to dumb content down for the console kiddies.

24. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i really don't see what all the crying is about. if you want in on the action go buy the console version. crying just makes you all look like whiny computer nerds who get pushed around by the jock console d-bags.

digibucc says thanks.
  25. Ikaruga

Ikaruga

Thanks Received:
    Competitive multiplayer FPS on consoles?

Attached Files:

• ymtf.png
      ymtf.png
      File size:
      23.8 KB
      Views:
    Rowsol and [H]@RD5TUFF say thanks.