1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Elmor and Kinc Run ASUS GeForce GTX 580 at 1504/3008/5012 MHz, Set New Vantage Record

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Feb 21, 2011.

1. kinc ASUS Representative

Thanks Received:
    Big thanks to the people with kind words <3

We do it for the adrenaline rush. Belive ir or not but it is a real kick to see the fps doubble from stock. And smell the odor from overloaded mosfets as every passive component of the PSU and VGAs power-area squeal.

The picture is taken form one of the testruns were we just quickly test it t oget a feel for how cold we can run it etc. When we ran it for real we had the orignal heat sink screwed on with a fan directly on it. The cold spread throught the copper in the pcb also helps a lot.

Like W1zzard shows in his review here: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_580_Direct_Cu_II/images/cooler5.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
    Wile E, Cheeseball, Jack Doph and 3 others say thanks.
  2. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I for one am impressed with this record:toast:
    1504/5012 clocks on the 580 is just flat out insane:)
    Don't forget the 6.14GHz oc on the cpu! Getting all of these highly overclocked compenents to run together in harmony is what overclocking is all about.
    To all those that don't see any sense to this kind of work/hobby, will to each their own:D

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Are those their real names or just bad aliases?

4. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    thanks gotcha so same basic thing i did when i was running DICE :toast:

5. SvB4EvA

SvB4EvA New Member

Thanks Received:
    Awesome stuff kinc, congrats! :rockout:

I really can't believe some people on here... I mean I would LOVE to do stuff like this. I'm not saying everyone should of course, its just something certain people like and are interested in. If you don't, you don't, that's fine.

No, no one would run this system on a daily basis, that's obvious...

No one drives around in NASCARs on the street on a daily basis either, but they still have millions of people watch them race around in a circle. No one drives around on nitro bikes that do 0-60 MPH in 2.3 seconds on a daily basis either.

It kind of goes for anything really... Did we NEED to send people to the moon and build rocket ships? Not really... but it was still done. And I might add, machines and technology were pushed to the limit to do so.

Does an Olympic swimmer swim every where they go? No. Why don't you go tell them "You don't use your swimming on a daily basis, so no one cares."

I know I'm kinda comparing apples to oranges here a bit. But if you really "don't care" why bother commenting in here at all? :confused: Seems to be a waste of your time and a waste of time to the people that enjoy this.

xbonez says thanks.
  6. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I think they are sponsored actullay.

7. SvB4EvA

SvB4EvA New Member

Thanks Received:
    I dont know. Is your real name LAN deRf HA?

xbonez says thanks.
  8. mmaakk

mmaakk

Thanks Received:
    Maybe multiple people = different opinions :confused:

How interesting a FORUM will be, where everybody agrees/has the same opinion with the topic in discussion :confused:

9. SvB4EvA

SvB4EvA New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree with you. But still, posting in a thread and typing "i dont care about this" just doesn't make sense to me.

10. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    No, but I'm not aiming for communal fame either. If I was I'd have chosen something better.

11. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    fugger, kingpin, dimas, splave, chew* not exactly super fancy names but hold communal fame.

As for all this it has to be 24/7 stable no it doesn't thats the whole point of this LN2+hardwork=WR not most stablr rig ever. the entire point of this is to have fun and clock the shit out of stuff why ruin that with stability. in fact i dont think there is a prime 95 bench on hwbot.

12. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    To me, it's the same as trying to go for drag racing records. Completely impractical, but still fun as hell. Practicality plays no part in it.

cdawall says thanks.
  13. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    i think they are.....

if i was i would be pushing my stuff that hard also :laugh: but i pay for mine and i dont even have a current card newest is a 4870 right now :p

14. newfellow New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought this same memory as soon it came to market one hell of an kit. Although, I wonder did these benchmarkers know that ADATA made an mistake with this specific kit the HS doesn't touch the modules at all because it's attachment. ;P

What is shame is they run it at 1744Mhz they should of push the UnCore and 1910-1920Mhz on the kit at 8-7-8-22 and that would of run at vDRAM 1.72v.

O and these are still sold out v2 is hypers :)

15. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    if you want practical buy a dell or a prius lol this is a man's sport :laugh:

they are

16. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    "real life conditions" . . . I'm pretty sure they didn't do it in some sort of virtual reality, so I am not sure what your trying to say . . .

If your commenting on it's not neat in any way because it can't be run 24/7 then don't bother reading the article only to thread crap.

These records are important because it help manufacturers make better hardware, so people can run their systems "in real life conditions" . . .:slap::slap:

HammerON says thanks.
  17. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    How on earth would this help a manufacturer make a better product?

18. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    both 1st and 2nd place are held by the same asus cards manuf binned and built some great cards

19. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    And how does slapping together a card with binned parts help... with whatever they were arguing about. Whole discussion is stupid and inaccurate. This is all done cause some people think it's cool and manufacturers think it's good PR. Really doesn't do jack for anybody else. 24/7 clocks have always been the determinate on how "l33t" your rig is.

20. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    It's valuable, because by testing products in extreme conditions you quickly find the weak points and parts that could be designed better. This bodes for more durable and better designed products.

I'm sorry that in your opinion that this is not of value to anyone, but that's your opinion and not fact.

21. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    well then go buy a Dell because anything else has been built because of people clocking stuff