1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Empire Total War

Discussion in 'Games' started by EastCoasthandle, Aug 30, 2009.

1. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Odd that I didn't find any threads about this game. In any case I find this game as involving as Rome Total War (which I've played several times). With this game patched up to 1.3 I've found no problems playing this game. I can't seem to find the time acceleration feature that's common with total war games. So far, I've only been able to enable AI movement and disable it. I can't seem to figure out how to speed it up so far. Which still allows me to see what the AI is actually doing without slowing the game down to a crawl when you end your turn . The same goes for moving your units, I haven't been able to accelerate their movement on the main map. (edit: I think I found it :) )

There a bit more micromanaging in this game then I initially thought with the inclusion of Research and Technology. However, most of the micromanaging can be automated by the AI so it's not cumbersome to deal with. The game does load a whole lot better then when Rome Total War was first released. And, I've found no issues playing this game on win7. I haven't found anything on how to actually visit a city like you could in Rome: Total War. Furthermore, your agents are pretty hard to find on the main map. Using the list icon is the best way to find them.

The game is divided into 3 continents: Europe, America and India. I just got this game so I don't know all the caveats for it as of yet. If there are any tips feel free to post them.

There is also patch 1.4 in the works which will address the following:
    I have not eta for patch 1.4 at this time. However, if you want to find information about mods, strategies, etc then you should visit this thread. It will give you all you need to know. If you want to know more about the Elite Units then you can visit steam for more details. It's only a few bucks so it's very inexpensive add-on. I'm not really sure if steam's add-on will work with retail version though, sorry :eek:.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  2. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I'm a big fan of the Total war series.

Thing is, i only like it for the battles, i can't stand having to create towns and manage an economy and crap.
  3. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Retail version needs steam to run so surely there's no issues right? I'm sure there were a whole bunch of threads on this when it first launched, I posted about an issue with it not starting the day before release day (turned out that was it and the supplier had been a bit quick!).
    There are a couple of threads from back when it launched trying to find other people playing:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87510&highlight=empire: total way
    I'll be up for a game sometime after I've sharpened my skills a bit, just after it came out myself and 2 mates had a bet going to see who could have the most dead frenchmen on screen at once, I lost just through having a small monitor!
  4. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    I have to admit this game is a tad over whelming as I am just getting started. Coming from someone who played Rome Total War a lot there is still a few things I am still trying to figure out.
  5. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    You should have made a "transition" and went through Medieval II first. :p
  6. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Nah, I didn't care for that game :p
  7. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    OK, I've pretty much got the hang of this game now. It really pays to save your progress before you hit the end turn button.
  8. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    its a great game now, initial release it was nice and bugfilled tho