1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Emulators (Daemon etc) Causing BSOD.

Discussion in 'General Software' started by DrunkenMafia, Apr 20, 2007.

1. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    I used to have daemon installed on my pc and was using it for bf2 so I didn't have to change cd's all the time.

Now I reinstalled xp about a week ago after my failed attempt at raid 0 and when I install it now I get a Fatal error after the first reboot??

I also tried Alcohol 120 and that installed fine and loaded fine but as soon as I wanted to read any file from the mounted image it would BSOD me again, fatal exception etc..

I tried about 5 different programs but no luck, any ideas any one..

I have a feeling my anti virus may be at fault but am not sure, I am using trend micro 07... :banghead:

2. randomperson21

randomperson21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    bsod on every emulator? weird......

try killing antivir next time you mount.

3. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    I have tried uninstalling and installing again with everything turned off but it still crashes everytime..

I noticed that the first time I installed daemon that it installed a file then asked me to restart before i installed the actual app.. when I reinstall it it doesn't do this anymore meaning the file is still on my pc somewhere and is corrupting something.. Does this make sense...

4. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Could be some copy protection that causes the crash instead. Perhaps it detects the virtual drives and then wants to bitch, however instead it crashes.

5. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    Hey Dan

Yeah I thought about that to but I am just trying to load a standard image for bf2.. its one of those mini ones..

I am concerned about the fact that daemon does not ask me to restart anymore after the install like it did the first time which leads me to believe there is something still hiding away on my pc..

I have tried regcleaners and ccleaner etc and it doesn't pick anything up..

6. Joshmcmillan

Joshmcmillan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Try PowerISO. It's really good, it supports more types of image files then others, can automaticly mount when you turn computer on and it's 100% free except you can't edit the images unless you pay but hay can u even do that in deamon tools?

7. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    That's because Daemon Tools installs the SPTD driver. What version of DT are you using? v4.09 just came out, but they already released 4.09.1 because of a couple of bugs.

Go to the Daemon website, and look for the instructions on how to remove the SPTD driver. Then start over from scratch with the latest version.

8. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    AAAAAH Wicked... thats what I was looking for....

Love you longtime <--- in a corny asian accent :laugh:

9. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    :laugh:

But seriously, did it fix the problem?

10. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    nup... unistalled the spdt driver and restarted pc all ok. Then tried again and pc wouldn't even start this time ( virus scanner/firewall off btw)..

Reverted to last known good blah blah...

Used regedit and deleted all keys with reference to spdt. Restarted ok... Then tried installing spdt by itself... restart and lock up again at xp loading screen...

Chucked a small but releasing hissy fit then gave up, I have now been beaten by my pc twice in 1 week!!!!!! Refer sata raid drama..

All the above was done with virus scanner off (Trend micro 07), firewall off, and other programs stopped..

11. Joshmcmillan

Joshmcmillan New Member

Thanks Received:
    TRY POWERISO!!!! It's best and probebly won't have this problem.

http://www.download.com/PowerISO/3000-2646_4-10664134.html?tag=lst-0-1

Heres link to save some trouble. But trust me download it and even if you get deamon tools to work you'll stick with this!! On that link it says 300mb file limit in trial but I have been using trial for years and I have used dvd images and what not.