1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Enermax Announces GALAXY 1000W PSU

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Jul 3, 2006.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Enermax is proud to announce GALAXY, the long awaited highest-end PSU series. After showing the world's first 1000W class PSU prototype in August 2005 at Games Convention show in Germany, the world wondered, why it has not been released ever since. The reason was a redesign to newest technology. While all other manufacturers have released since only ordinary 1000W class PSU's with normal 4 rail technology, ENERMAX decided to design a PSU, which would be able to power 2007 & 2008 server systems to give customers the utmost benefit possible.

The result: Five 12V rails, which are an integral part of the upcoming revision of EPS12V PSU design guide by Intel, which will specify 1000W class PSU's and respective technical requirements especially five rails as a must to be versatile enough to power QUAD CORE & QUAD CPU systems as well as QUAD graphics (GPU) systems (= TRIPLE QUAD). Moreover, it can power even TRIPLE QUAD + 24, because it is modular. Besides 6 natively connected drives, up to 18 additional drives can be connected. The sophisticated 6-pin sockets allow SATA and PATA connection without restrictions.

Fully rated at 50'C the output per model is 850W & 1000W. This ability is not only based on its rail design, but also on the delay of its release. Continuous meetings with other key players in the IT industry gave essential information on power consumption of their future products and ENERMAX distributed the connectors to these products perfectly on the five rails. Its single PCB allowed to integrate 13.5cm & 8cm fans, which cool it permanently for 24/7 full power output even at 50'C.

Source: Enermax

2. NamesDontMatter

Thanks Received:
    whats the efficiency on this babey?

3. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    According to the enermax galaxy banner on their front page: 80~85% efficiency @ 20~100% load

4. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    that is soooo awsome

5. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well how long before ATI and Nvidia make a card that needs more power than this? :D

6. RickyG512 New Member

Thanks Received:
    the less rails the better, gives u better overclocks and so on

7. Mediocre

Mediocre New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't think too many high end servers are getting overclocked these days. I bet the biggest ones want to actually save power (and $$).

Is this something a gamer would buy??? Not sure. Maybe if I won the lottery..

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  8. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    I see it more as a chance that in the future i could also use my pc as an oven to bake food as well as game. Yeay for more and more watts needed. That psu uses the same wattage as my microwave ;)