1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Enermax Hoplite

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. Paul_M

Paul_M New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is 85% Almost identical to a NOX Blaze!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    This case might appeal to some as it looks like a CM Storm or Sniper. Layout is decent inside from what i can tell.
  4. Supercrit

Thanks Received:
    Any chance of adding a section for temperatures in the future? That's one of the main reason people buy gaming cases too.
  5. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    We generally do not test temperatures for the following reasons:

a) We cannot keep using the same hardware over years, thus a constant base is impossible
    b) I personally have the opinion, that overall looks are more important than a few degrees difference in temperature
    c) In Europe there is no way to keep stable surrounding temperatures
    d) Different setups with different cooling methods will also mean totally different results. Thus this is by no means a measurement that can be taken as a given when buying a case. It may "perform well" when reviewed with the hardware given - say a graphic card with exhaust vents in the slot cover, then you install a graphic cards which doesn't push the air out the back of the case and the entire scenario changes. Same goes for top down CPU coolers in comparison to tower coolers for example.

cheers
    DS
  6. Supercrit

Thanks Received:
    True that there are many variables, but you can always test the case with some kind of mainstream to high end parts of the time and give a general idea how the case performs for cooling, no matter how different the video card/CPU cooling a case with better airflow will generally perform better.

Of course a big result comparison table like for GPU performance is unthinkable for this.

Personally I care about cooling a bit more than aesthetics:D A shiny case with terrible cooling is like a ricer to me.