1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Enermax Platimax 1500 W

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by crmaris, Jan 3, 2012.

1. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  2. EVERMAX New Member

Thanks Received:
    Enermax Platimax 1500W is only 230V Edition!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Loose voltage regulation
    High ripple at 5V
    Not so strong 5VSB rail
    Enermax Platimax 1500W (EPM1500EGT) is only 230V-ac Edition. (US and UK need 115V-ac)
    Enermax Platimax 1500W (EPM1500EGT) haven't 80PLUS Certified! "PLATIMAX title is FAKE"
    Ultra high price (260€ / 335US$)

I'm sorry for ENERMAX.:(

3. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it's a shame that certain countries are still sticking with lower values. It's like the AC v. DC battle, except it's taking longer and one side is quite stubborn while the other doesn't really care since they're the one that is more efficient anyway.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  4. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    It's better to use a couple of PSUs if you need over 1KW, Seasonic Platinum series is the best out there ATM, ofc the price will be higher with 2 PSUs but if you are going to run a Quad setup there is no problem :)

5. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    If it was sold in the US most likely its price would be lower than EU. Most of the times hardware is more expensive in the EU zone.

Also UK has 230VAC just different power socket. Finally I mention in the article that this unit is not 80 Plus certified because the 80 Plus organization certifies desktop PSUs only with 115VAC and not 230VAC. However judging from the results with 230VAC (where efficiency is 1-1.5% higher than with 115VAC) this unit could not hit Platinum in real life scenarios (80 Plus tests at 23C).

blibba and Frick say thanks.
  6. Mescalamba

Thanks Received:
    I think Enermax has bitten off bit more then they can chew. As usually..

Pretty much all mobos that need more than 1kW (if there are any) can take two PSUs and buying 2x 1000W SeaSonics would be probably better idea..

Enermax reminds me old muscle cars, just much less beautiful. :D

7. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Why would that be a better idea? Also Enermax gets high scores everywhere, so I don't really see why people are complaining.

8. jsfitz54

jsfitz54

Thanks Received:
    I just love the reviews by "crmaris"... Best on the Web!

crmaris says thanks.
  9. Mescalamba

Thanks Received:
    If you take a look on pure technical point of view, theres nothing that would allow Enermax to ask prices they do. Sometimes I suspect Enermax that they bribe reviewers. Cause frankly, their PSU are nothing special and generaly not much suitable for OC.

Btw. one of my stores has failure %.

Very cheap 500W from Seasonic (Seasonic SS-500ET-F3) has failure rate of 1,93% then similary priced Enermax (Enermax NAXN 500W) has failure rate of 4,76%. Not much different in higher wattage and Seasonic has sometimes under 1%.

Those % count only if they sell enough PSUs and its calculated quite fair. Tho they stopped selling some PSUs cause manufacturers werent exactly happy from them publicing failure rates. :D

10. Mescalamba

Thanks Received:
    +1

Very thorough reviews of PSU and very informative. Super high value for OCers (me included).

crmaris says thanks.
  11. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    The thing with Enermax is that they make their PSUs by their own and sell them mostly under their brand. This leads to higher prices since they do not sell almost anything through OEM channels.

Also the platform that the MaxRevo/Platimax units utilize is really unique and with some more tuning has great potential. With the ultra quality parts that this platform uses a part of the high price is also justified.

The Enermax NAXN series is not made by Enermax but by Sirfa. Also Seasonic is one of the best OEMs along with Delta so when you compare Sirfa-Seasonic then the result is pretty obvious.

12. Mescalamba

Thanks Received:
    Ah, that explains a lot. Didnt knew Enermax is outside OEM business, though they do some too. Well now Im a tiny bit more informed. Thank you. :)

13. MySchizoBuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Seasonic Platinum isn't Erp Lot 6 compliant this Enermax Platinum is compliant

14. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
  15. poorya_lion

poorya_lion New Member

Thanks Received:
    @ crmaris , Man I love the review !!! Great methodology .
    Guys don't rely on 80Plus . It has many bugs.
    Enermax is so good , but just because of huge amount of advertising which comes to users , make them believe that Enermax is the best.