1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Engineering Windows 7 MSDN Blog Surfaces

Discussion in 'News' started by alexp999, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Wshlist New Member

Thanks Received:
    MS should not announce new OS's more than a week before release, that way people can at least excuse them by saying 'well it's a bit lousy, but what can you expect from something made in a week or so'.
    Because although all the claims about vista's developing time are clearly nonsensical they did have more than a year to turn out that lemon, and more than a year to decide to NOT release it, or ask no more than $30 for 'ultimate' at least to be honest and realistic and decent about it, so letting us know that they had all that time is only embarrassing for them.
  2. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Lol dont count on Windows 7 being better than vista as this is ms were talking about here. Good to see another Windows os thread turning into a Vista bashing theme *boring*.
  3. xfire

xfire New Member

Thanks Received:
    I tried vista and it it was good,but I'm not a fan of the size it takes on the hard disk.
  4. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    Okay people, lets try to stick to topic a bit more ;) . Maybe rather than posting why people hate Vista so much, lets post things we would like to see in Windows 7, changes, features, etc...

I for one would like to see better scope for changing themes, officially. vista only really has one theme. I would like to be able to have different themes, like different skins, that doesnt involve hacking and doesnt involve buying third part software.

Then you could have stuff like, free Windows 7 theme when you pre-order, and you get a Halo 4 skin, but its official like you could get in XP. There was the royale theme, zune theme, silver, green, blue. not many for XP, but they could scope it out better for Windows 7.
  5. xfire

xfire New Member

Thanks Received:
    It would be to bloated if it comes with too many themes. 98 used to have it's set of theme's.
    MS relies on its user base to come up with themes. You just need to run Ux patcher(free) to be able to install these themes. Even linux doesn't come with many themes by default.
  6. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    I doesnt have to come with themes, but it would be good if the new windows seven had an integrated version of window blinds or something. Skin support, but officially. not hacked or 3rd party.
  7. xfire

xfire New Member

Thanks Received:
    As long as it's free it doesn't matter if it's 3rd party.
    Let the software developers first concentrate on developing the OS better. I'm sure they MS doesn't want to pay it's employee's just for developing themes.
    Not many people actually change their theme's.
  8. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Yep ya right there i coudnt be bothered changing themes apart from my wallpaper ofcourse.
  9. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    is it out of the question for microsoft to build an entire new OS from the ground up? i guess that would probably kill their business because thousands of companies that make software for windows would have to spend money and time learning a whole new system. and if that were to happen then why wouldnt those companies put their time and effort into linux.
  10. xfire

xfire New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think it's possible to build it from ground up and still keep compatibility with older versions it's the time MS needs to invest in it the problem, after all they make money from the sale's of their OS and the few hardware they sell.