1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EP45-UD3P arrives tomorrow...which bios etc?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Wrigleyvillain, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Read a couple reviews but looking for any general tips re. this board. Haven't touched anything but DFI for more than two years now. Have an e2160 and an e8400 right now, getting a Q9550 later.

2. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Be prepared to OC like crazy. I am also a huge DFI fan, and the P45-ud3 was the first NON-DFI board I have in probably 7-8 years.

The thing I loved about DFI was the ability to tweek everything...

The thing i love about the EP45 is you don't have to tweek everything. It runs so stable at 500+FSB and didn't even have to touch ram settings...although I eventually did to get tighter timings.

I see you are running watercooling. If you watercool the northbridge getting the stock NB heatsink off is slightly a pain. It has a heatpipe that connects to the VREGS. IF you remove the entire heatsink/heatpipe combo at once, you can remove the vreg heatsink. Basically I just used a flathead screw driver to wedge the Vreg block and slide the heat pipe out of it, and place it back on the mobo, and then watercool the NB.

3. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah. Thats why Im getting one. Awesome clocks with relative ease, especially on quads. My DFI X48 has been letting me down lately too such as with 8GB RAM. Might have a board malfunction such as degraded NB but I don't think so.

Edit: Oh didn't see your comments about the wc on the nb at first. Thanks for the tips though don't think I'm going that route. At least at first. What block do you use?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  4. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received: