1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EP45-UD3R Overclocking - SPEECHLESS -

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by nullkuhl, Jul 13, 2009.

1. nullkuhl New Member

Thanks Received:
    :banghead:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    System Configurations:
    -Mainboard: EP45-UD3R
    -Processor: C2D E8400
    -VGA: Nvidia 9500GT 1GB DDR2
    -RAM: 2x2GB Kingston HyperX 1066 Mhz Ram (KHX8500D2/2G)
    -CPU Cooler: Asus V60
    http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/files/detail/v-60.jpg
    -Power Supply: Asus 550W/500W

First without any overclocking i couldn't get my ram to work at 1066 :S
    i took the ram timings from the official website which came out to be 5-5-5-18 with 1.8v , and 5-5-5-15 2.25V but i could never boot with it.

I tried alot of tweaks and each time i get that message in the redbox
  2. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
    Try setting it at 1000 5-5-5-15 2.2volts and see if it will boot at that.
  3. altruist New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. Homeless

Thanks Received:
    Are you sure your cpu can run 3.6 @ about 1.1 load volts? If for some reason you can and it is indeed a ram problem, try setting the Dram Term / A / B to half of your DDR voltage. If you set your ram voltage to auto it should set the jedec timings
  5. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Seriously his VCore is insanely low... I'm not sure he should be posting so much. He should be doing more reading before he hurts something.
  6. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Give the guy a break hes learning. At least he can type in full scentences and use proper English unlike a lot of newb moronic idiots I see around here. Now, back on topic folks.

@ nullkuhl

Firstly, your memory is kind of crap, I had a 4GB HyperX kit that was spectacularly rubbish. It met its demise facing a hammer. You can expect that HyperX memory you have to run 1066 5-5-5-15/18 @ 2.2-2.3v, but that really is about it.

As for your voltages, I'll assume your attempting to OC. Try the following;

CPU: 1.3v
    RAM: 2.2v
    CPU Term: 1.3v
    CPU PLL: 1.6
    MCH/ICH core: 1.3v

Leave everything else on auto settings. See how you go with that.
  7. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    +1 Absolutely.

I think loading the optimised defaults settings in the BIOS and starting from there and rebooting (very important, to make them take hold) is a good start - at least it should run reliably set like that. Once that is established, it can be tweaked from there.
  8. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    For someone who's discriminating against language barriers you are still less helpful than I was. You know for a fact it takes self study to get anything right AND understand it. I started by GOOGLING my questions. Yes, search engines kick ass and help you find guides people have written. So let me google p45 overclocking guide and WHOA, a whole bunch of results. They all have good information! Also most of the guides one can find while googling take longer than one minute to write. Your last helpful *sarcasm* post which was totally more helpful *sarcasm* than it was a successful attempt to @flame me. It fits into the catagory of crappy posts. Probably took a minute or less, and you failed to include any overclocking tips, strategies, common problems, or an overview of the chipset which he obviously doesn't understand! At least I'm honest with my demeanor and I let the guy know that he should read a guide because I'm not going to hold his hand. It looks like you won't either so don't play the hero.