1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Error: I need ResXX\McShield.dll

Discussion in 'General Software' started by rock_n_roll_0204, Dec 22, 2006.

1. rock_n_roll_0204

rock_n_roll_0204 New Member

Thanks Received:
    on my gateway laptop, i try to open Internet and i get the error message....CommonShell is in the blue part.....then it says "I need ResXX\McShield.dll
    I googled it and it said to remove mcafee...it wouldn't let me do it from "Add or Remove Programs" so i did a manual uninstall-but it still occurs...McAfee is still listed in "Add or Remove Programs"...........I was wondering if any of you can help.
  2. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    try a registry cleaner?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    First, Right click the Recycle bin and select properties then check the box marked " Do not move files to recycle bin. Remove files emmediatly when deleted". Then go to the start menu and select "run". Type into the run box 'msconfig' and click 'ok'. The configuratiuon utility will open, select the startup tab. Uncheck any box marked with Macaffee or Mc. close the utility and select "restart computer later". Open up start menu and select 'search'
    Select files and folder and type in Macaffee. search all files and then click "search in more locations and ensure that it searches all Hidden files and folders. Once the list is gennerated start at the bottom and ONE AT A TIME select the file at the bottom and delete it. Move up the list, some files will not delete. Just keep going when you get to the top, close and reboot the computer Macaffee should be gone. Search again and check.
  4. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    LSPFIX

The last time I had to kick out McCrappy they were inserting the filter into winsocks.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  5. rock_n_roll_0204

Thanks Received:
    it wont let me search plus i could not find anything with mccrappy in the start up folder
  6. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    please make more meaningful thread titles. changed for you
  7. rock_n_roll_0204

Thanks Received:
    sorry.....any help