1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Everything sound, speakers headset and card!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Tearathal, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Tearathal New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not satisfied with my broken speakers and broken walmart headset, so I'm looking for a good set of speakers and gaming headset, as well as upgrading form onboard sound to a Soundcard.

I'de like suggestions for the three categories if it would be possible, I have a decent amount of money also.

thanks in advance!

ps. ive seen
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121006

in local bestbuy and it looks decent

2. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I'm no audiophile... but those speakers seem to get the job done
    I don't even have speakers, headset all the time... and the headset isn't very savvy with bass either...

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Tearathal New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I love to listen to music and play games, so I'm trying to find nice speakers and soundcard mainly, but this headset is broken so I need a new one with a nice microphone

4. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    heres the best soundcard out.. it was just released.
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=23788&vpn=PRELUDE&manufacture=AuzenTech

you should prob buy it and your headset online.. Im guessing your going to be using the headset while gaming! and the speakers to listen to music/movies so you want your speakers to pound.. you should go with my speakers in my system spec, or higher if you can afford to spend like $400 on speakers.. mine only cost me $230 on sale.

Edit: spend on the card and speakers than just buy a little logitech desktop mic for like $15.

Theses ones are very loud in sure. http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10051737&catid=
    My ones are theses and they pound and sound good, thier more than loud enough for a big bedroom. http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10051751&catid=

5. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    They are OK.. if you are a hardcore audiophile you may want more... but I have owned the x-530's, which is virtually the same exact thing, just older, and they were good.. I just like having actual tweeters.. those are full range highs. Still sounded ok though, and the bass hit decent..

I am a serious audiophile though.. so it depends. I like tweeters that shred your eardrums when symbols are crashed and bass that shakes the room.. these wont exactly do that.

They are very good budget speakers though.

Chewy, what's the difference between the auzentech sound card and the regular X-FI?

6. Tearathal New Member

Thanks Received:
    I enjoy what bigboi speaks of haha, awesome music quality. I'm going to want a nice soundcard and speakers, the microphone is less important, seeing as you can pick up a cheap one lol

EDIT: How much do soundcards effect the quality of the sound the speakers produce, would it be better to splurge on speakers and go cheaper on a card, or the opposite

7. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    In that case, get the x-5300e speakers! I have personally heard them, they pound and tweet hard.

EDIT: To me, the speakers matter more than the soundcard, onboard sound will suffice for me. If I were you, use onboard 5.1 sound until you can afford a nice sound card, it will make nice speakers sound even nicer.

Splurge on speakers .. lol

Crappy speakers + nice sound card = shit

Nice speakers + ok sound card = great

Nice speakers + nice sound card = best possible experience

8. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    auzentech have the best soundcards eg. x-meridian sounded amazingly well was not the greatest for gaming.. thier soundcards sound better than creative from what Ive read and thier driver support is amazing.

9. Tearathal New Member

Thanks Received:
  10. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
  11. Tearathal New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh I see, well now the task of finding the right speakers :)

12. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
  13. Tearathal New Member

Thanks Received:
  14. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    No contest man...

The z-5300e are what you want if you enjoy music.. Not much more expensive either.

Definitely get the 5300e, I have owned x-530s.. and I was a bit disappointed in them. I have had my eye on some 5300s for a long time, just never had the money to get them.

Please don't make the mistake of getting some x-530/x-540(same thing).

EDIT: x540s = 25watt RMS subwoofer.. the 5300s = 100watt subwoofer... that's just a small example. The 5300s BEAT for some computer speakers man.

15. Tearathal New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol that subwoofer destroys the other one, I see.

Reviewed By: Sicario on 10/31/2006
    Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5
    Tech Level: average - Ownership: 1 day to 1 week

Pros: Excellent buy, these speakers to me sound just as good as the Z-5500 5.1 setup. Very powerful sub.
    Cons: The sub KILLED my fish!!!! My tank is right next to the sub and my old sub never gave any problems but this thing just rocked them outta there scales.
    Other Thoughts: This is not a pet friendly prouduct.

Killed the mans fish lol.

Those speakers seem to be the top choice, now as for a nice microphone

16. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:

It can make a huge diff, the x-merian from some review posts of previous creative x-fi card owns said there was a big difference in sound quality.. from what Ive read thier the best and the prelude is the 1st x-fi card they released (creative owns x-fi rights or something). so for gaming maybe its just as good as creative x-fi's but Im sure for music/movies its superior as their last one or 2 gen sound cards were.

creatives sound cards go up high in price too, like up to $400. I havent looked to much into this card but people have been waiting on its release (some people anyway). Try finding some review of it.

yeah man the system has its own big amp mounted on the sub.. it pounds nicely and sounds nice with my x-fi. though I have blown the sub a little bit so dont leave it on max to much, it might sound clear and nice but you will damg the sub over time :p.

My sub still sounds perfect just when I put it up REALLY loud I can hear something rattling or something and I think its the sub/mount.

17. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The highs destroy the other set too.

If you can afford some 5300e + a nice sound card.. go for it.. but if you can only afford one or the other right now.. get the speakers until you save up for a sound card.. you wont regret it bro.

18. Tearathal New Member

Thanks Received:
    I will definately keep those speakers high on my list, and I read the specs on that card and it looks pretty rediculous, lol EAX 5.0