1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Evga GTX 670 FTW way too quiet

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by swchoi89, Sep 20, 2012.

1. swchoi89 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

Is it normal that this card is just too quiet? I expected it to make some fan noises but I seriously don't hear anything at all.

Maybe I'm making a wrong comparison, but the MSI 6950 I had before, was making loud fan noises under load. On the other hand, this GTX 670 card makes almost no sound.

GPU Temperature is stable at 64C ish under load (talking about having 3 games on at once like Diablo 3, and yes I like to multitask), and my cpu doesn't go over 45C either when above 50% load and RAM is 75% taken up.

I use many different kinds of temperature measuring softwares: CPU-Z, RealTemp, GPU-Z, Asus Suite II, CoreTemp, EVGA Precision... etc.... But all numbers are consistent and all show the same numbers.

I hope this is alright...

2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you miss the noise, ramp the fan to 100% and enjoy the noise. Otherwise, it seems temperatures are under control, unless the fan isn't spinning, I wouldn't worry about it!

[Ion], Binge, Zubasa and 4 others say thanks.
  3. swchoi89 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The fan is definitely spinning :p Thanks for the reassurance

4. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Make sure you don't press the power button to turn on your pc because you don't realize it is already on.... I did that once.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Lights on the front labeled power right next to the power button are usually a good indicator not to press the power button.

6. swchoi89 New Member

Thanks Received:
    What do you mean?

7. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    That is true for probably most people. I don't like the any light coming off my system so I don't have those plugged in. I only have the power and reset switch plugged in.
    Then again, if there was light I would of still pressed the power button. I sat down. Did not hear it. Reached over and pressed the button without looking. Monitor came on with the windows shutting down screen. I then laughed.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. swchoi89 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't understand lol... So you're implying that I might have turned on the PC without having the GPU fan spinning?

9. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I once turned off my system not realizing it was on, because it was so quiet. He was responding to that, saying I should of seen the light and realized it was on.

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like a bunch of worrying over nothing?

james888 says thanks.
  11. swchoi89 New Member

Thanks Received:
    True, but just wanted to make sure I'm not the only one. I've read some posts regarding how temperature measuring softwares can be faulty and could lead me into reading the wrong level of temperature. But since my desktop has been on for 5 days straight, I guess it should be fine, or my GPU is secretly burning up ;)

12. swchoi89 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I see what you mean, lol, but it will probably never happen as I have blue LEDs coming out of everywhere :p (Lexa S)