1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA GTX 760 mixup?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DF is BUSY, Dec 29, 2013.

1. DF is BUSY

DF is BUSY

Thanks Received:
    bit of a weird story here, got my evga gtx 760 in the mail last night:

product box = no SC label
    i open up the box, but see my gpu has the SC label badge in the middle of the fan shroud.
    i check my clocks on gpu-z and it has the regular(non-SC) 760 bios clocks at 980/1502

do i care? did i receive a wrong card? did i receive a SC card that was flashed with a regular bios?

im tempted to flash the 760 SC bios i found on TPU! but i dont feel like voiding the warranty on a 2 day card.
  2. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    I would try to contact them before you do anything. It would suck if they won't RMA after trying a new BIOS. Especially if it turns the card useless, because of it.
    DF is BUSY says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't worry about flashing the BIOs, just OC it to SC speeds and call it a day.
    DF is BUSY says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. DF is BUSY

DF is BUSY

Thanks Received:
    is this a common issue though? i saw a few posts on EVGA of how others had bought a non-SC but received one with a SC badge on the card itself
  5. jsfitz54

jsfitz54

Thanks Received:
    You paid for a card with better specs. Contact EVGA and the Seller to confirm shipping error or factory error. EVGA may provide you with the proper bios. Having EVGA provide the correct bios won't void a warranty. You may also ask the Seller for a price adjustment.
    DF is BUSY says thanks.
  6. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    The OP purchased a non-SC card and received a card with SC labeling. He/she did not receive a lower card than he/she paid for. If anything, he/she received a higher card that is flashed with a lower card's BIOs. I don't think this is a common issue, but I also don't think it's anything to worry about if the card works at atleast the clock speeds of a normal GTX 760.
    DF is BUSY says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't be surprised if these were cards that were supposed to be SC cards, but failed the final QA tests and were bumped down to regular cards and they never took the SC badge off the cooler.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  8. DF is BUSY

DF is BUSY

Thanks Received:
    I'm gonna give it a few days (contacted EVGA via email already) worst case scenario I'll just order a new card and send back the old one to newegg (free returns with no restock fee til 1/31/13)
  9. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    If you ordered a regular 760 and received a card that has only a SC sticker but has the regular 760 clocks then I don't see a problem. You got what you paid for. The Chinese manufacturers put the wrong label on the card and then put it in the right box.
  10. DF is BUSY

DF is BUSY

Thanks Received:
    so, EVGA got back to me (pretty fast too) and said they probably put a SC label on the card by accident and it should just be a regular 760 in and out.

im still getting driver crashes though, i will reinstall windows and if it still persist, this thing probably going back to newegg.

thanks for all the help though guys.