1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA intros mATX SLI mainboard

Discussion in 'News' started by Darksaber, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I am surprised that no firm has done this earlier, but EVGA has now shown off a mATX board with SLI. Its small, but it has all the bells and whistles. Including four SATA ports and four memory slots.
    [​IMG]

Source: TheINQ
  2. spectre440 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i can already see this thing selling like hotcakes among the HTPC crowd...

imagine that... an HTPC with SLI... that can be pretty damn cool... bucketloads of performance in a small compact package...
  3. Keiki New Member

Thanks Received:
    2-slot video card cooling is alrdy impossible with a mobo of this size and w/ sli, it should run pretty damn hot in a htpc...
  4. cmberry20

Thanks Received:
    2 slot video cards in SLI can be done easily with this board - its designed to do it!!!

Anyway, sod SLI - whens DFI going to release its bloody RD580 Crossfire board. :banghead:
    When that comes out i can finally update my PC with a 1900XT-X. I already have an Opty 146 @ 3Ghz & 2Gb DDR500 mem.
  5. killatia New Member

Thanks Received:
    sounds great but it means that you won't beabile to use a sound card. that makes me sad as i love my sound blaster xi-fi :(
  6. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    all I can say is, all these new boards with 1 PCI slot that can be blocked out by a 2-slot cooler had BETTER have onboard audigy's lol. Unless these guys start making sound cards that go in the PCIeX1 that nobody uses :p . I suppose that these guys think that we dont need too many PCI devices, like sound cards, network adaptors, USB hubs...etc.
  7. erik02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    tthis motherboard is awesome, a friend of mine just got one a few days ago, he was only able to find it at monarch computers but it didnt come in the oem box :(