1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA Intros P67 SLI Performance Motherboard

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jan 6, 2011.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    EVGA officially announced its first socket LGA1155 motherboard, the EVGA P67 SLI. The motherboard is tailored for performance segment gaming PCs with discrete graphics, running Intel Core i5 and Core i7 "Sandy Bridge" processors. It is priced at US $199.99. The CPU is powered by an 8-phase VRM. It is wired to four DDR3 DIMM slots, supporting up to 16 GB of dual-channel DDR3 memory. Expansion slots include two PCI-Express 2.0 x16 (electrical x8/x8 when both are populated), one PCI-E x16 (electrical x4), and three PCI-E x1. NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX are supported.

Storage connectivity includes four internal SATA 3 Gb/s, two internal SATA 6 Gb/s, and one eSATA 3 Gb/s. Other features include 8+2 channel HD audio, two USB 3.0 ports, two gigabit Ethernet connections, Firewire, and a number of USB 2.0 ports. EVGA-exclusive features for overclockers include power/reset buttons on board, diagnostic display, redundant BIOS, EVBot support, and rear panel CMOS control. The company also announced that its high-end LGA1155 motherboard, the EVGA P67 Classified, will be released a little later.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. blibba

blibba

Thanks Received:
    And yet there's still gunna be a GPU sat on the CPU chip. What a waste.

3. function69 New Member

Thanks Received:
    8-phase CPU VRM seems weak compared to competition

4. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    uhm dude the H67 chipset is for the intel graphics and is sold as the HTPC boards.SO really not a waste.

P67=Performance
    H67=Home theater.

Yes this board is the mid low range,Just wait until they release the Classified 2 FTW:D I read that it has 24 Vrm phase.

5. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    And the GPU on SB is still wasted.

blibba says thanks.
  6. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    its to bad it looks exactly the same as the p55 lineup. woulda been sweet to see a new/different theme

7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I somewhat agree. Why not put a DVI/HDMI port on all SB boards? Cost? No, as more things are moving into the CPU, less needs to be put on the motherboard.

8. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    That board looks sparse, and why only 6 sata slots, I mean I expect 8 on a mobo now, I want 10, I don't need eSATA it's a waste!

9. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    My guess would be space limitations on the I/O plate. On a board of this class, where a dedicted GPU is almost guaranteed, I'd rather have the reset CMOS button, EVBOT breakout, and extra USB ports that would have had to be removed to make room for the DVI/HDMI port.

You put more than 6 drives in one machine? If so, buy a real RAID card. And just because you don't need eSATA doesn't mean nobody else does.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  10. blu3flannel

blu3flannel

Thanks Received:
    This looks to be in my price range. It is a bit sparse, but it's not too bad. If they would have gone all-black instead of those red accents it would have been a perfect upgrade to SB for me.