1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA NFORCE 780i SLi Board + EVGA GTX260 F.T.W Card + Creative Fatality Pro Card prob

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by xapexi, Sep 20, 2008.

1. xapexi

xapexi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I just put together my rig last night and theres no space for my sound card.. If i put my gtx260 on the 2nd slot pci e, it has space for my sound card, but then when i try to boot it says must be on the first slot to boot..

What do i do guys.. do i just return the damn sound card? does new egg take things back and give money back?

does anyone have any solutions or drivers?

2. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    That is the problem with most people and sound cards... Unless you get a PCI card, then you'll never have the problem..
    Newegg will give you your money back. and you can buy a PCI card if you want. I have a tv tuner that I have sitting in it's box because of those types of things... the max board has the PCI-e slot at the top, but after switching back and forth boards with the 780i board, I just haven't wanted to put it in...

3. xapexi

xapexi New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh..

4. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Opps, forgot about the other question.... If you uninstall the driver, and anything else you have on the card, then restart with the card in the second slot, it should fix that problem...
    Your system is trying to find the video card in the first slot.. not the second... So, whenever you switch cards, or change around your card, all ways uninstall the drivers and software, then restart it...

5. xapexi

xapexi New Member

Thanks Received:
    i actually called evga and they told me that if im not running Sli, then id have to put my video card in the first slot. and he said nvidia made the mobo thinking that we arent going to use dual layer cards.. so yeah.. thats why i cant use the PCI 1 slot for my x-fi card..

Cold Storm says thanks.
  6. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Glad to see that they where able to clean it up for ya.
    :toast: for great service.