1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA Xeno Pro... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Xazax, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
  2. RX-7

RX-7

Thanks Received:
    $130 hardly seems worth it

-edit I bet the sound quality isn't good with all the lan traffic flowing through it
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  3. cssprod

cssprod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Glad this topic has been started but unfortunately has come to an abrupt end. I am seriously considering getting 1 of these cards. As I play CS:S quite competitively I am hoping this card will eliminate the fps slow down when the sh!t hits the fan. With my current system I get as much as 800fps in-game but yet when theres 5 players charging at me all guns blazing I seem to get some sort of lag or slowdown. If this is gone with this upgrade then it will easily earn its $130 price tag.

Is there anyone here who has a killer M1 or K1 who will be able to help me make the decision on whether to splash the cash on the xeno or just get another GPU :)
  4. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    To much for it, if it was like $40 i think it would be worth it.
  5. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    I personally think these are a gimmick. It might give you a few less ms on your ping but if your gaming over the internet then its pretty much dependent on the traffic at the time. If you can afford one get it but you said there is an fps slow down which has nothing to do with ping and more to do with the actual hardware in the pc. What are your specs ?
  6. cssprod

cssprod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im not sure why my specs are not showing but anyhoo my system is adequate. Q66 @ 3.78Ghz, DDR2 2GB @ 1040 4-5-3-12, HD4850 @ 885/1190, 1TB RAID0, Enermax 720W. All held together by a 100% Swiftech W/C system and 600x120mm of combined rad size.
    As i said 800fps in some cases but yet when it all kicks off and im shooting at 5 people in 1 corridor I get a slowdown.

Im quite sure its got something to do with the net as im sure its only the models that move laggy while I still get over 100fps. Need someone who took the plunge on the epically overpriced M1 or K1 to give me some feedback.

(edit) Hmm just realised, I hate people who change a thread into something that is not what the thread was intended for. Ill leave my problem for another thread.

Is there anyone here who bought the M1 or K1 and noticed a difference in performance?
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009