1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Evolve, Turtle Rock Studios new game

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, Jan 8, 2014.

1. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    "The sci-fi multiplayer-focused shooter pits a four-player crew of alien hunters against a separate player-controlled monster that grows larger and more powerful over the course of matches. Each hunter features its own unique items and abilities, and while the monster may be outnumbered, its size and an assortment of devastating attacks make it a more than formidable foe. Like Turtle Rock's previous titles, Evolve is being built with variety and replayabilty in mind; the result is a novel mix of cooperative and competitive multiplayer elements that's unlike anything we've played before."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/01/07/february-2014-evolve-768796.aspx

james888 says thanks.
  2. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Looks like my kind of multiplayer. Hopefully not too consolized.

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I never played L4D mp, just sp, and it sucked because the squad AI kept getting themselves killed too easily, which was exacerbated in L4D2 by them adding bigger swarms and faster zombies.

I know they're designed for mp games, but if you're going to have an sp option, at least make it work properly.

That said, if this one involves more tactical combat against these mega creatures with various strategies, and your squad, if their IS an sp option, can handle commands well, it may be doable. I'm not counting on it though. TR, like Overkill, don't seem to have a clue how to script AI.