• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Exchanger Server Build

Koloss

Our small company needs an Exchange Server so my instructor and I decided to build one. My self and him are going to each buy a rack server. One for Active Directory and one for Exchange server 2007. I'm got a copy of Windows Server 2003 Enterprise 64 - Bit that we will be installing on each of the two servers. I decided to go cheap on these servers since they are for a cheap company that doesn't like to pay for anything. These are going to be the ones that we are going to buy. It says that it has a SATA HDD which I'm happy with:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=C1000-2R&cpc=SCH

Since its Exchange I'll be cheap and do a RAID 1 (it has an extra 3.5in Drive Bay so I'll just buy another SATA HDD). This will be my first Exchange server that I have ever set up, with help from Train Signal TUT its going to be fun. :)eek:). So I'm kinda of preparing for certain things. I haven't purchased the servers yet but I'm going to, kinda of just worrying about certain things.... if they crashed or something... so i have to come up with solutions before I sell that to my company. So rite now I'm looking at Novastor and also Genie. But Genie, I'm not liking so much, I cant seem to make an image of my HDD's. I'm almost ready to make the purchase and start the process but last thing I kind of need help with since this is my first time, the server I'm looking at doesn't have a CD-ROM, so I'm just trying to plan out my strategy of installing Windows server 2003 with out it. I know I can install it from the HDD but I think I'll just open it up and install a CD-ROM drive. My instructor said that I could use a Floppy drive and use a program to mount the .ISO with the Floppy. But hes so old he doesn't know which program he used to mount .ISO's with the Floppy. Well I'll keep you posted.