1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Experiences With Team Group RAM?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Pixelated, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Pixelated

Pixelated New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I just ordered two 2x1GB Team Xtreem 1200Mhz DDR2-PC9600 C5 (D9GKX) memory kits and was wondering if anyone in the US or EU has had good or bad experiences using them. Not so much the quality of the RAM as much as the support following your purchase. Has anyone used their RMA service? Do you have to send them to Taiwan or is there a US\EU office.

I ask because even though there is a lifetime warranty their presence seems to have completely disappeared from North America around this time last year. They used to have a tech support thread over at Xtremesystems which has been closed with the last posts around July of 2008. Also their own tech support forums are totally inactive since around that same time (I am unable to even post in their forum because my account has yet to be validated).

Newegg has also discontinued all of the Team Group RAM listings even on currently produced IC's. It's too bad because they seem to sell some amazingly fast RAM. They were on the upside for about two years previous and seemed to be building a good reputation. Now it's like a ghost town everywhere I look for information.

Thanks, any insight you could share is appreciated.
  2. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Haven't heard anything bad about them, but they aren't considered the best of the best by most. Still good for running at stock.
  3. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually, they are considered one of the best in the industry. Just do some research to see how many hardcore overclockers use them. Their high end stuff is awesome.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  4. Pixelated

Pixelated New Member

Thanks Received:
    Really? So I should buy some PC-9600 and run it at stock 800Mhz, OK. They are definitely considered among the best they're just not real well known in North America. If you know somewhere else I could get some DDR2 running at 1200Mhz 4-4-4-10 then I'm definitely interested. Maybe what you're thinking of is some of the lower end stuff that's on the average side.

I ordered two sets of their 9600 stuff that's supposed to be able to hit 1400Mhz C5. We'll see. I'm surprised no one here has really used them here on TechPowerUp. If you're interested I'll let you know how it goes.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  5. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Well i dont OC, so to me i would rather go with Corsair, OCZ or Crucial they very cheap DDR2 wise and are know to be reliable. Never tried Team Group, but if people say there good then ok, for all i know they could be ''teh mos extReme OCers!!'' but as i am not concerned for that, all i can do is offer advice from a normal gamers RAM standpoint. Goodluck with the RAM.
  6. M_2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's a good ram, my friends been using it for almost a year n no problem
  7. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    that RAM is awesome, it contains Micron D9GKX chips AFAIK. where are getting them from, BTW?