1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Eyefinity Dongles in UK

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by inferKNOX, Mar 16, 2011.

1. inferKNOX

inferKNOX

Thanks Received:
    I've been searching around trying to find the AMD Certified Accell B087B-006B in a UK e-store, but no luck.
    I have however found something that seems to be the equivalent at Scan. Now I do plan to buy a NZXT Phantom and Hale90 from Scan, so I'm hoping this dongle get's the thumbs up then I can put it all into one purchase.

So... can anyone vouch for this dongle or recommend a place to buy the Accell B087B-006B in UK, or at least a place that will deliver to UK?
    Even if it's not the exact one I'm asking for, as long as it's about the same low price and the dongle needs to support 1920x1200 without a problem.
    :toast:

2. 2DividedbyZero New Member

Thanks Received:
    from what I have read between the two - no - the scan one linked is not an active adapter (if that is what you want for 3 displays yes?)

Scan used to stock a mDP-DVI active adapter (which I purchaed a wile back) but they don't seem to have it in stock now

[EDIT] they have an active DP-DVI but is it mDP you need? http://www.scan.co.uk/products/sapphire-active-display-port-to-sl-dvi-d-cable-(for-up-to-24-screens)

but i did find this http://www.scan.co.uk/products/xfx-...ctive-mini-dp-dvi-mini-dp-hdmi-and-mini-dp-dp

[RE-EDIT] this is one i bought from scan early last year http://www.scan.co.uk/products/dell...ayport-to-dvi-(dual-link)-adapter-1080p-ready

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  3. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    i currently use this dongle for my eyefinity XFX Active Mini Display Port to DVI Dongle XFX Active Mini Display Port to DVI Dongle | Ebuye...
    it supports 1920x1200 i currently have a 1920x1080 monitor running from it.
    i had no problems setting up eyefinity with it either, just plug in dulicate monitors and then create group
    for £17 its a bargain.

edit also running from a 6950 like yourself.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    inferKNOX says thanks.
  4. 2DividedbyZero New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

5. inferKNOX

inferKNOX

Thanks Received:
    @2DividedbyZero: Yep, I need mini-DP -> DVI (I got a 6950 which only has mini-DPs).
    The one you bought is what I'm trying to avoid.

@bbmarley: That looks exactly like what I'm aiming for, thanks!! ;)

6. 2DividedbyZero New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah i figured you did, get the 17 quid one

but the link i provided above for the XFX pack includes:

• 1x MiniDP Male to DVI Female ACTIVE Adapter
    • 1x MiniDP Male to HDMI Female Adapter*
    • 1x MiniDP Male to DisplayPort Female Adapter*

for £30, if that is future proof enough for ya :D