1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Eyefinity screen tearing

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Hybrid_theory, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    I got a triple monitor setup about a couple weeks ago. I've started noticing screen tearing more and more. It was mostly in cinematics in Assassins creed 3. But now with farcry 3 i notice it in gameplay. I updated to 12.11 with the cap 2 profiles and it seems to be worse. Ive now noticed it dragging windows side to side. (though not present on the primary display).

AMD here recommends to use all display ports to get around http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Screentearingwithmultipledisplays.aspx

I have two dell montiors which have display ports and 1 benq which does not.

1 dell is currently mini to regular display port. The other two monitors are on DVI. There's two mini display ports on the first card, and one or two on my second.

Should I go about using the second card for a third display port? Not sure how crossfire and using the ports on both cards work.

Or any other recommendations?

2. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

farcry_d3d11.exe has issues within the code of FC3_d3d11.dll

Coud try this as a work around, untill Ubi fix this is to rename FC3.dll to FC3_d3d11.dll and rename FC3_d3d11.dll to FC3.dll

Note: the game will boot in d3d9 but will have all ingame graphic options open

This also lessons the impact of hitching

atb (all the best)

Law-II

3. Relayer

Thanks Received:
    All monitors connect to the primary card for Eyefinity. Don't hook anything to the 2nd card.

4. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    They are all hooked to the same card. Anyway got some help from the widescreen gaming forum. It seems the hookups can work differently per card. Another person had the same as me with no problems. I picked up a miniDP - DP cable and swapped that for one of my DVI. There's occasional tearing on the last DVI monitor, but its rare.

5. Poogobbler New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a possible fix

I have an HD7850 and 3 Asus 24" monitors. The monitors are the new slim bezel ones with 2 HDMI ports each and no DVI. The monitors come with a DVI-D to HDMI cable that I use to both my DVI ports to the Graphics Card and the third monitor I use and active DisplayPort to DVI adaptor that ends in HDMI at the monitor.. I got tearing in Landscape mode both in games and on my desktop on one monitor no matter which connection config i used.. trust me I tried everthing. I read on one of the 500 forums I looked at in the last 24hrs (sorry cant remember which one) that someone had successfully using DRIVER VERSION 12.6 Beta with their HD 7970. So I figured what the hell and tried it. IT ACTUALLY WORKED!! No more tearing in games or in windows.

What I did:

-Settings/control panel/ATI drivers uninstall.. ALL OF THEM!!!
    -Restart your computer in Safe Mode and use Driver Sweeper
    to remove and left over files from ATI/AMD
    -Restart again when prompted.
    -Download and Install Catalyst 12.6 Beta drivers
    -Restart when prompted
    -Set up your eyefinity in CCC and see if it works!!

It worked for me and I have had no tearing for the past 24 hours :)