1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Factory-Overclocked GeForce GTX 680 by MSI and EVGA get Listed

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Different machines, drivers, special diet to loose some FPS? Defenders of the Red Team (in this situation) or the Grean team will ALWAYS find something to spoil the success of one or another. I really don't give a rat's ass if it's 10 frames or 15. The overall result is pretty clear. Don't you think?

2. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN

Thanks Received:
    Although I prefer EVGA with reference cards, I can't wait to see ASUS DCII models of GTX 680.

3. OneCool

OneCool

Thanks Received:
    Yep. Toms Hardware is bias to nVidia

They always have been,always will be.

Oh yeah and it looks like nV has got the top spot.Like we didnt know that was going to happen :rolleyes:

4. Casecutter

Thanks Received:
    What does this graph tell us? The maximum number of frame it was able to sustain in one second, or the average? If the average then why is the 680 running so far above the 60Fps when we are told Adaptive V-Sync try’s to maintain it as such? Is it the max, was that high point of rendering which happened once for one second, while the rest of the time it chugged along at above 60Fps. Sure it never dropped below that 60Fps and that’s what really matters, but that one spike of 98.6 and maintained it for a least one second... big whoopy! We really need to see real-time frame rates to see how smooth the game play comes across.

Is this why Nvidia had reviewer’s show-up weeks ago basically to explain how best to test such new cards. I don't see it taking what like 3 weeks, "supposedly" when W1zzard got a card to do his normal review. Tells me they all need to figure out if they would paint a evenhanded comparison, or just do what they always have done and hope we don’t catch on… for a while.

Shurakai is right there can't or shouldn’t be that amount of negative variation from the original 7970 numbers and now what's 4 months. Different machines? What Tom's downgrade from a high-end i7 since December... they will be the same machine, drivers got that much (8%) worse, while the GXT improve or stays within a margin of error, Right. It's Tom's and why they sxck!
    :shadedshu

5. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN

Thanks Received:
    Absolutely no one is going to bench graphics cards VSYNC on.

6. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger

Thanks Received:
  7. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Yes, their bias is so clear. Between displaying the HD6990 as crushing the GTX590, recommending people buy AMD cards over Nvidia cards for almost every price tier, and giving unlimited praise to the newest AMD line, the truth has finally surfaced.

8. Casecutter

Thanks Received:
    I haven't heard that it's something that when/if disable still permits the claimed top clock values.

So we wait...

9. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    Got a msg from Ncix here in Canada with price.

[​IMG]

10. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    when Linus drops the 680 to $550 he will be the man again haha

11. NCIX Esther New Member

Thanks Received:
    Our apologies, this was a pricing error. On launch date (Mar 22, 2012), this card was $499.99, the price is now $509.99. We may see a return to these price points when supply is more consistent, but we are at the point now where all of the launch day allocation is gone and we are still very much in limbo about follow up shipments.

N3M3515 and BumbleBee say thanks.