1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fail/Leak Rate on Sealed CPU Coolers?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by bokou, Mar 5, 2011.

1. bokou

bokou New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been contemplating something along the lines of the H70 or Kuhler and the H60 that was on the front of TPU a few days ago looked gorgeous and I'm sure would be an improvement over my Thermaltake V1.

The one thing that's kept me from going to liquid-cooled my entire PC-building life has been the chance of a leak ruining hundreds of dollars of hardware. I read a while back one guy had a H70 on these forums and it had formed a rust-spot on the bottom of it and leaked onto some card he had above his graphics card while the system was off. Luckily it didn't do any hard to the video card or any other component but he was lucky and caught it in time.

Anyone had one of these for a year or more now and how reliable are they to prevent leaking? Will Corsair or Antec or anyone like that compensate your loss if it were to leak in your system?

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, I haven't seen a single forum post on a leaky H50, H70, etc. If it does leak, I highly doubt Corsair would compensate for any of your other computer parts if they become damaged.

3. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    I seem to remember reading somewhere here on TPU that a H50 owner had his bust apart and take out some of his hardware. Also seem to remember reading that Corsair did something about it. I just can't remember where I read this on TPU.... I'll try and find it.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    As I recall they replaced his hardware. While I'd argue that's what they should do, it's nice that they actually do it.

Radical_Edward says thanks.
  5. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    i have seen a couple of reports of them popping but they are few i have seen more people with dead fans on coolers

6. bokou

bokou New Member

Thanks Received:
    well I'd probably swap out the fan for a Scythe 100cmf+ fan that only adds around 5db if that's posisble