1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Failed BIOS update, Laptop keeps restarting.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jerseyturf, Apr 27, 2007.

1. jerseyturf New Member

Apr 27, 2007
    1 (0.00/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Hello, I have an HP dv2050us laptop. I recently went to HP.com to update my drivers and software. When I got down to the Bios (WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS for Notebooks with Intel Processors - Microsoft Windows/Vista-Based version F.25), I downloaded it and installed it, when it got time to restart itself, my power turned off at my house and cut the power to the laptop.
    My laptop turned off. After a minute when the power came back on I manually turned on my laptop. But all that happens is my laptop just keeps restarting itself. It loads up to the "Windows loading" screen, it will then flash a blue screen and restart all over again.

It's like my laptop goes in an endless loop of restarting, and it never makes it to windows. I tried the last known option in Safemode ('Windows advanced options menu') but it does not help or work. I have also tried getting into Safemode, but that doesn't work either.

I can press f10, and that gets me into the Phoenix BIOS Setup Utility. And pressing f8 gets me to 'Windows advanced options menu' also know as the "Safemode" screen
    I have no idea how to fix this! Please help! Thank you.
  2. DRDNA

Feb 19, 2006
    4,805 (1.37/day)
    Thanks Received:
    New York
    If you make it as far as windows loading then the Bios is fine ,.... The adrupt power down porbably corrupted a file... Boot system up while pressing the F8 key till you get to a black screan with white letters then select safe mode , then ok to the safe mode dialog box then goto start /programs/accessories/system tools and system restore , then restore your pc to the day before the trama:toast:
  3. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Mar 4, 2006
    11,510 (3.28/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Kingdom of gods
    He said he cant get to safemode, hes already tried :p

Options are limited in this scenario, so here they are in bullet style;

1. Enter BIOS and select and load system default settings (or itll say something similar to that) save and exit.
    2. If the above doesnt work, use your windows CD to run the recovery console or use your restore CD.
    3. If both the above dont work, its time to format and reinstall windows, or call HP services if you wernt provided with a windows CD or restore CD.