1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Faint lines down LCD

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by silkstone, Jan 27, 2013.

1. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue to the one i have. I just put windows 8 on my laptop and downloaded the latest nVidia drivers, as the ones from acer don't support windows 8.

Now i am noticing faint vertical lines on my screen in a regular pinstripe like pattern. This occurs only with mid-contrast colours, so grays and light blues, etc.

A good image i have found that replicates the problem is here: http://postimage.org/image/a5thle5mn/full/

It's not a huge issue, but is slightly annoying at times. As it wasn't happening with windows 7, I am assuming it is a driver problem. Has anyone experienced anything similar and managed to fix it?

Thanks

Edit - I forgot to mention that i am running at the correct resolution and at 60 Hz

Edit 2 - I just tested my on-board video and the vertical lines are gone. I was planning on using the nVidia card on board as acer do not have switchable graphics for windows 8 and so every time i want to change between modes, i have to go into the bios :(
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013