1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fallout: New Vegas - only £16.99!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by qubit, Nov 20, 2010.

1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    From Amazon UK. The price has just dropped.

Remember, this is the Steam version on DVD, so you just register it with your Steam account.

It's still £30 direct from Steam. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Now only £15.99 from Amazon!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  2. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    not even played the first one yet, not enough hours in the day, days in a week to play everything I like playing.

3. qubit

Thanks Received:
    I know what you mean. I've got loads of Steam games that I've never played (and I'm talking AA titles like CoD here) which I keep buying at good prices, meaning to play them "some day" lol.

Steam are very good at extracting my money...

4. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    I've seen it other day in the GAME store for £19.99...dont you think that if a game drops in price so quickly,it could mean one think - FAIL

5. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    The game is good. Just this is what happens to normal (As in not CoD) PC games. Stalker was £10 a month after release on Amazon. I got FEAR2 for £2.99 afew months back on Amazon. I got BF:BC2 for £12.99 ages ago on Amazon.

Amazon + PC Games = Cheap = Win.

6. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    The game didnt bring anything new plus there is all the old problems..well at least what I read from forums..the random freezing stuff and so on..

7. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I manged to play 40 hours without a crash...

Every game has issues. Just some affect some users, whereas some affect others.

Still, it's a damn good deal though. I don't regret the £25.99 it cost me.

8. qubit

Thanks Received:
    I know what you mean Rado and that can certainly be true. However, what MoonPig said is also true. Basically, PC games are very good value and is the real reason why retailers like Game don't like the platform, not "piracy". :rolleyes:

You'll notice how the same games on consoles often remain at an eye-watering £40 or so, because they can just jack up the prices and keep them there. Steam games unfortunately tend to be like that too, unless you get it on one of their big discounts.

The new Fallout is a good example of a price-hiked game on consoles that refuses to drop.

digibucc says thanks.
  9. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the game doesnt have those bugs at all, most of those problems are in fact related to the PC... of course, if your PC is unstable and crashes fallout3, odds are its gunna crash in vegas too...

10. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    All of your opinions are acceptable there is truth in all of them..I still think,that considering that the game was launched what?a month ago?(here in UK) and its already possible to get it for £19.99...its is dissapointing..I've played Fallout 3 and I loved it until I've reached max level,with quite a lot to go..I mean without anymore XP adding up,I've lost any interest in the game..Last think I want to say,that even you are saying that its more stable than Fallout 3,its still a fact that New Vegas doesnt have anything new to it and thats fair enough for me to wait until its really cheap and then I will probably play it.

11. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    dude, you are applying your personal opinions of a game to the economic theory of pc games sales and quality. they give you logical, sensible explanation to why the pc market is different, and only cod games hold price. you rebut with "but i don't like the game"

your argument fails.

you said you read about it on forums, so you know nothing as to what it did or did not add, only hearsay. we have played it, and enjoyed it immensely. it was worth the price on launch, and those who buy it now get a deal. we are all fine with that. you never played it, are upset a game you won't buy is cheaper than you think it should be. you are just rambling about your opinions trying to make an argument of them , which is lacking.

InnocentCriminal and qubit say thanks.
  12. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:

Whatever...I accepted others opinions without dodgy aproach of yours,so why cant you?..cos you are trying to be too smart..If I would be like you,this thread would be full of overreacted post like one you've just put on..and I tell you what?just look for reviews for the game and see how critics took it..or gamers..you (and others here) may like it very much,which is perfectly fine..but there just might be people who doesnt like this game so much,dont you think?

13. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i agree completely - the difference is i am fine with that, whereas you are trying to prove to us that it is not a good game.
    if you think it's not , fine - but stop trying to argue with people who like that it is bad - without specific legitimate examples of how so!

you are using your own opinion as the basis of your argument. that's dishonest and not going to do anything positive. back it up with facts and figures proving it is a bad game, and maybe i'll follow suit.
    but you can't as it is an opinion. so stop trying to prove your opinion as fact, and leave me to mine.

14. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    the same as MOST Pc games... yes alittle sooner but that's also not the price beth is pushing official, they are just allowing sales.

the only game that holds it's price is CoD series, years later and still full price! doe that mean it is an actual quality game? NO, just that the name is big enough that people will keep on paying regardless.

new vegas is a big name for mainstreamers, but for plenty of semi-gamers it is an unkown. it also sold very well. And (at least the decent) publishers recognize dropping price increases sales, and if done right can increase profit more than leaving them static.

16. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Awe dammit. It's not even been delivered yet and it's dropped by a quid! :cry:

17. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    I'll be picking this up!

:D

Rado, I can understand your reservations in regards to it only just being released and the price dropping quickly, but this is a special offer - I wouldn't be surprised if this jumps back up in price. In regards for stability in games, weirdly I had far less issues with all of the STALKER games than I have with Fallout 3. Only recently amended Fallout 3 and I had to swap a motherboard & reinstall Windows to do it... partly.

Yo' loco for not wanting to spend less money on PC games man.

Oh, and being a grammar Nazi it's thing, not think. Peace!

18. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    Sorry,but when did I write that?.I just shared my opinion that its not what it its supposed to be.Once again just read the reviews,for example in PC GAMER magazine...I've played Fallout 3 and I've seen screenshots of New Vegas,graphically its the same game,same gameplay,even the creatures are same in many cases,right?....sorry..but a Lakelurk in the Mojave Wasteland...LOL...you are telling me that Im using my opinion as an argument..and what are you doing?the same.cos after all,this is a forum thread and its all about opinion cos none uf us are PROs and everybodys opinion weights the same...but I hope that you agree on one thing tho,that this is leading nowhere,so cheers...:toast:
    One last thing,I know Im a newby here and you've been here a while,but please dont use phrases like "dishonest" unless you know me..and I will take back the "too smart" phrase :D

digibucc says thanks.
  19. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Enjoy. :D I still don't think it's fair that you paid a pound less than me <qubit pulls a funny face and sulks>.

Swap a mobo for a game?! :wtf: You gotta tell us about it man! Start a new thread if you have to and link to it here. :cool:

Were i even beggin to corect u? u iss so rong not no how talk! ;)

Actually, some of us ARE pros (but I'm not one of them). ;) You're always welcome on my threads Rado, dodgy opinions or not. :toast:

20. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    fair enough, i got a little snarky as did you. put that behind, gladly. but the difference is i am using my opinions to state my opinion - you are using yours to try and make a case about why the game is bad(trying to assert YOUR opinions as facts). if you were only using your opinions as your opinions, you would say "it wasn't for me" and leave it at that.

but when you go to a thread that hs people who like the game, talking about a new deal or how good it is - and you start a multi page argument over why it sucks - based SOLELY on your opinion, that is not an honest argument, is what i meant to say. nothing to say about your own personal honesty, as you said - i don't know you. but just because you came to the conclusion you did, doesn't mean others did. and in this case either can be right. that IS an opinion.

I was using examples of my opinion to say i liked the game, nothing further. you were using your opinion to argue with people who like they game, to almost try and prove them wrong - when either opinion in this context cannot be considered wrong.maybe it was you being so gung ho about it, more than the semantics of a few words you used.

either way, longevity means nothing, title means nothing. if someone says something you think is wrong, you have a right to speak your mind. no matter who has been where how long.

no offense dude, it just seemed you were being way to hostile about the quality of the game, like you were trying to prove it was bad - when all there can ever be are opinions.
    tl;dr:too bad

qubit says thanks.
  21. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    It'll probably going back up to normal price when I eventually get ready to order it.

Well, I wanted to go back to my previous board from my Foxconn BlackOps as that board seriously needs WC or LN2 to get the most out of it and my OC started to become unstable, not just Fallout 3 giving me shit but my rig wouldn't turn on without the OC failing, even when no OC was applied. Not much of story really and not specifically down to Fallout 3 being a dick, just added to never-ending list my BlackOps was causing.

I can't help it, I have OCD or something, that or my friend who wants to be a freaking teacher says it all of the f'ing time.

I've almost completed all of Fallout 3 GoTYE and I must say it's up there with STALKER and the Half Life series as one of my favourite all time games.

:rockout:

I wasn't going to buy New Vegas but I don't think I can resist at that price, sorry this price.

22. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Just do it. :D

Fair enough, thanks. I guess it was just basic hardware failure then.

That link points to Fallout 3 GoTY. I think you meant New Vegas. Also, that copy doesn't look like the Steam version, which sells at double the price. I got cought out with that in my other thread and am having to return it to Amazon.

23. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Bollocks!

:mad:

Looks like I'll be picking it up from Amazon then.

24. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Take a look a few posts down from this, I believe as of yesterday the Collectors Edition was still only $35 on D2D.