1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition

Discussion in 'Games' started by AsRock, Feb 8, 2012.

1. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Welcome Back to New Vegas! Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition is now available on Steam in North and South America with further territories releasing later this week.

With the the Ultimate Edition, you'll get the complete package of New Vegas fun. For the first time in one collection, you can get all the Fallout: New Vegas content including the full suite of highly acclaimed add-on content: Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road.

I like to add that we got this game as soon as it was released without addons and it seems that they have given me at least all the addons for it so might give it a play though again..

So if you already own the game but not the addons and would like to play them maybe you should check see if you got them free too.

Frick says thanks.
  2. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Have already played everything. And it feels like there's little point in doing it again as you can max out everything = not as much role play as in earlier games (1 and 2). :(

3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    It's in the mail. I always wait to buy games until they're done with the silly DLCs.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    The vast majority of the reviews that I read were quite scathing in their appraisal of the dlc.

5. Frick

Thanks Received:
    Some of it was good, some of it was bad. I bet it's the same people that said Fallout 3 was better than NV. :p

6. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Having played both, I have one question. What is the, substantial, difference?

3 was set in the DC wasteland, NV was set in the deserts of the US southwest. NV added some new features, many of which were added to 3 by the modding community. Minor tweaks and the addition of a new mode were present in NV, but again the mod community has added similar things to 3.

They are both based upon the same engine. They both have, fundamentally, the same mechanics. Both games have their share of good and bad DLC. Finally, both have a similarly silent protagonists that follow very similar archetypal post-apocalyptic stories.

I liked both games, but don't see the need for one when the other works just fine. None of this even touches on the fact that the DRM in 3 could be avoided easily, so my legally purchased game actually functioned as I desired. I can't see why anyone would spend another $40 on NV, as for the same price you can get Skyrim...

7. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    FO3 pretty much forces you to use VATS all the time because the weapons suck. FNV, VATS is optional--mostly only used in sticky situations.

The weapon selection is much better in FNV.

I do agree that one could entirely skip one for the other. The plots are only loosely tied (and really only where the Brotherhood of Steel is concerned).

Skyrim will likely get a complete collection like this some day.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Frick

Thanks Received:
    Storytelling and dialouge is a lot better in NV. Also there is a proper hardcore mode which is awesome.

9. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    There is no way any fan of the series should skip one or the other. They are both different enough (NV being the more polished of the two) and they both have different stories. I loved both but gameplay wise NV is better. They are both rocking games though!

10. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    So true, and yes i thought NV had better gameplay but FO3 story was more heart felt. Still today it pisses more of they did not put more thought in the FO3 story and made it longer and more in depth than it was..

But still both were worth playing..